VP Pro-Max 97 octane 50:1 gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravedigger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody try this yet? Posting here as chainsaw forum is saying not useful but for race saw it could be useful.

VP Pro-Max is an ETHANOL-FREE fuel mixed with best-in-class synthetic oil at 50:1

Pro-Max is specifically designed for the unique demands of high-load, high rpm professional chainsaws operating in high temperature and other extreme conditions. Its 97 octane rating provides maximum detonation protection, especially when air cooling systems are restricted by wood chips, sawdust or sap-pitch, and during jobs requiring many starts and stops which can rapidly build heat within the engine.
http://www.vp-sef.com/index.php/products/pro-max

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used it. Bought a 5 gal. Can and was happy with it. Worked great. Saws seemed to start better. And were a little more responsive. But what I normally do is buy 5 gals. Of race fuel from a pump and mix it my self save about 4 dollars a gal. But it is hard to find a place that sell race fuel at a pump. I'm pretty lucky to have one close by.

I would not consider it for a race motor; chain saw or bike/kart. Fuel required for 2 smoke air cooled lump would be "Blue Gas "if available 115 octane, or a min of 105 octane & an oil mix of at least 32/1but preferably south of that; would consider it for a woods ported saw but with a mix of 32/1, other folk will have their own preference for mix ratio

Back