• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Want to buy big stihl project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodlandCritter

Too weird to live, too rare to die
Reaction score
Hello All. I am looking for a stihl project saw for a friend of mine who doesn't know saws as well or mess around much with forums. He would prefer something at least 044 sized up to 066 needing a rebuild. Any stihl newer than 044-046 series (around 1995) is welcome. He just bought an 048 from a guy he knows who thought it was an 046 but clearly an 048 was not exactly what he had in mind. He is a motorcycle tech so pretty much any condition is ok. He would probably be willing to offer the 048 in partial trade if that interested anyone. Just shoot me a message if you can help us out. Thank You.

Quite a few years ago I had a modern version 070AV. It was the only one I had ever seen To date I have not seen another one. I sold it for next to nothing and wish I still had it. For years I passed over the old version 070 and 090 saws. When I decided I wanted one I had to get it from Belgium.

Quite a few years ago I had a modern version 070AV. It was the only one I had ever seen To date I have not seen another one. I sold it for next to nothing and wish I still had it. For years I passed over the old version 070 and 090 saws. When I decided I wanted one I had to get it from Belgium.
I understand, I have a modern 090AV, but had not heard of the 070 version. That must be as rare as a 895c Mac.

Like I said it was the only one I had seen not seen since. I bought it figuring to make a 090 out of it but ended up selling it for next to nothing. I tried buying it back but was denied.

Hey I've got a stihl early 90s 046 conplete and fully loved and meticulously cared for in Oregon , not wanting to sell but if the price is right I might let her go...

Back