The War Wagon Chronicles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My folks have a cabin in the Snowies.
I'll never forget the first time I saw the Park Ranger's vehicle, a Chevy Tahoe on tracks. He rolled over a large snow pile pushed up from the plows and crossed a short meadow in knee deep snow like he was idling through a Walmart parking lot.
I realize it is like comparing apples to lemons but I always wanted a Snorunner. The guys that actually used to have them say they were worthless on anything deep. I understand that was a much narrower track and ZERO comparison.

Attachments

• 66309E43-F080-4E92-9AC4-E81EF31930E7.jpeg
    66309E43-F080-4E92-9AC4-E81EF31930E7.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Damn I hope I remember this thread when i'm next out getting a load of wood with my friend with the property and diesel quad. I'll see if I can convince him to do a war wagon load! I might have to bring my oxy and welder because of our stupid heavy hardwoods :rolleyes:

Damn I hope I remember this thread when i'm next out getting a load of wood with my friend with the property and diesel quad. I'll see if I can convince him to do a war wagon load! I might have to bring my oxy and welder because of our stupid heavy hardwoods :rolleyes:
Yeah, I wouldn't try it with hard woods mate! Not a big load anyway. The load in that last picture is probably 1500lbs or more! 😉

Load number Three from yesterdays stick. I didn't get a picture of load Two. One and Two were hauled yesterday.👍

Load Three
IMG_20221209_145145127_HDR.jpg

Load Four...
IMG_20221209_164112626_HDR.jpg
...hauled at sunset...IMG_20221209_165648265_HDR.jpg
...and moonrise. 👍IMG_20221209_170617981.jpgIMG_20221209_171053612_HDR.jpg

Loading Five IMG_20221209_174717222_HDR.jpg

Last and least! Six, will be loaded, hauled and posted tomorrow! 😓😴 🤣

☠️"WAR WAGON"!!!☠️

You ain't loaded unless you're overloaded!😉

It is none of my business but I am just wondering what type of ground you are cutting on. Is it ground you own?

Bill

It is none of my business but I am just wondering what type of ground you are cutting on. Is it ground you own?

Bill
No, not my land. Some public, Most private. However, the private land owners know I'm harvesting the standing dead and know that I think I have somewhat kind of an idea on how to hack a tree down. 🤔 I think!

Load number Three from yesterdays stick. I didn't get a picture of load Two. One and Two were hauled yesterday.👍

Load Three
View attachment 1039288

Load Four...
View attachment 1039289
...hauled at sunset...View attachment 1039290
...and moonrise. 👍View attachment 1039292View attachment 1039294

Loading Five View attachment 1039296

Last and least! Six, will be loaded, hauled and posted tomorrow! 😓😴 🤣

☠️"WAR WAGON"!!!☠️

You ain't loaded unless you're overloaded!😉

Love the scenery! What body of water is that?
When you gonna build war wagon 2.0 with an extra axle? 😁

No, not my land. Some public, Most private. However, the private land owners know I'm harvesting the standing dead and know that I think I have somewhat kind of an idea on how to hack a tree down. 🤔 I think!
In no way whatsoever am I questioning you. It is just here on the public lands (very limited) we have a lot of dead that used to free game for cutting. They then "technically" said no. Now they are so far out of the game I think I could run the skidder down through there and take whatever dead i wanted. I do not need to because I have plenty of my own land but poop I hate to see 48'' Cottonwood logs just rotting.

In no way whatsoever am I questioning you. It is just here on the public lands (very limited) we have a lot of dead that used to free game for cutting. They then "technically" said no. Now they are so far out of the game I think I could run the skidder down through there and take whatever dead i wanted. I do not need to because I have plenty of my own land but poop I hate to see 48'' Cottonwood logs just rotting.
Roger, I get it bud. No worries.
Yeah a lot of the snags in the stands I harvest are going to probably just rot away before they can be tipped and turned into fire wood. 👎 Witch also is a shame. Considering the price of heating oil on the Island. I don't sell the wood. If I did sell it? I'd harvest it all much faster! 👍

Roger, I get it bud. No worries.
Yeah a lot of the snags in the stands I harvest are going to probably just rot away before they can be tipped and turned into fire wood. 👎 Witch also is a shame. Considering the price of heating oil on the Island. I don't sell the wood. If I did sell it? I'd harvest it all much faster! 👍
It is amazing her what they have done with the public land. We do not have USFS at all. I am on the Mississippi River so the public land is all owned by the US Corp of Engineers. If I get a chance I will take some pics. It will boggle your mind the mismanagement they have done.

No, I take them off for summer. I only put them on one machine up north. We don’t get enough snow at home to need tracks. I just run chains down here.
I figured you took them off but I do not know anything about them. As for chains they are a necessity here. I need to get mine on the Mule in a few days instead of waiting til I need them like normal

Latest posts

Back