Way to kill carpenter ants before dropping big dead tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wahoowad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a couple big dead oaks that I know have a ton of carpenter ants inside. Is there a way to kill the ants before dropping the trees? Usually they come pouring out and relocate (and my garage is kinda close by) or they remain in the logs and then pour out when I split them. Either way wishing there was a quick way to eliminate them beforehand.

I've got a couple big dead oaks that I know have a ton of carpenter ants inside. Is there a way to kill the ants before dropping the trees? Usually they come pouring out and relocate (and my garage is kinda close by) or they remain in the logs and then pour out when I split them. Either way wishing there was a quick way to eliminate them beforehand.

Sprinkle a mixture of Borax and powdered sugar at the base where they come out and give it a week. They will carry the mixture into the nest.
Has worked every time for me. Safe cutting and have a blessed day

Latest posts

Back