ArboristSite.com Sponsors

West coast muscle saws

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have watched several of his YouTube videos and he always says his saws are for display purposes only and not for any type of wood cutting. Why is that? Is there some left coast law about using a ported saw?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
Could be related emissions regulations. Another possibility would be insurance. I don't know what the guys who port saws commerically carry as far as liability policies, but I imagine that if I called up my agent and said I wanted to start souping up an already dangerous tool and putting back in service in exchange for money, he might have some concerns.

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
Of course it's to cover his butt, the US, like Australia, is s being overtaken and ruined by lawyers and leftist do gooders. Luckily for you fellas you can still own a weapon unlike us Aussies. You should hang on to that right
I will die hanging on to that right. How did that happen there. Government just decided people can't have guns?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
The government is the people, therefore the people decided they couldn't have guns.
Wow, we need to talk, I’ve got a Beautiful Ocean Front property for sale, just East of Phoenix, AZ, better hurry though, it’s getting a lot of interest from Biden Voters. If you’re interested, I could make you an Amazing Package Deal, with a Bridge that I have for sale as well

It’s a Great Opportunity, don’t Miss Out

Doug

TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin

Der Teufel der lacht nur dazu! HA HA HA HA HA!
I don't think a stihl dealership can legally "modify" and sell chainsaws. Don't know if he is a stihl dealership though.

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't think a stihl dealership can legally "modify" and sell chainsaws. Don't know if he is a stihl dealership though.
Madsen’s in Centralia, WA is a Stihl and Husqvarna Dealer, and they offer porting work. Nothing illegal about that, that I am aware of.

Porting shouldn’t affect the emissions, but tampering with the muffler may be an issue, at least if the spark arrester is modified, and the saw is used on State or Federal lands.

Doug

pbilly

pbilly

ArboristSite Operative
im sure he is covering his butt. i tried to buy a modded muffler from him once and when i told him that i was going to use it for my work saw he suddenly didnt have one any longer