whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little Vermeer is bad ass with that grapple!

The rotating grapple becomes an extension of your hand, just with ‘heavy powers’ as my four your old calls it!!

When I shared a yard with a mechanic, he used to park in front of the shed door out of laziness, so would use the Vermeer to lift up his ute & put blocks under the axles.

Yeah, you aussies really seem to know how to do some ****!! MDS likes!

I forgot the bandits all have that extra safety **** there.

I started with an old 250xp disc.

Used to terrify me, was sure something would explode off it at any moment, so quite like some of the 'extras' on the 1390.

The 21xp is the grand plan....

That’s a serious chipper! My 19xpc has the same feed system, as far as hyd motors, etc,
The 19" looks like a beast also.

We have some serious trees....

I really like dual axles as well, in my opinion, the more axles spreading the load the better. Even my four tonne 15" drags down trucks in soft conditions.

Biggest operator locally has a 21", another on order, truck he tows it with is two small once loaded with mulch, also still doesn't use a machine for loading (mainly because I think he doesn't trust the guys he employs).

Eight tonne excavator throwing logs into the 21" with a massive Intermercato steel claw would be sick for a lot of my work.

So you’re saying you get $2800 a day for your old dorky lookin, feeble minded, ass climbing, with one super groundy? That’s pretty sweet. Good for you!!
Just a thought for you...my groundman is an ISA Certified Arborist...therefore...my groundman knows more about trees/tree care than you do lol.

Just a thought for you...my groundman is an ISA Certified Arborist...therefore...my groundman knows more about trees/tree care than you do lol.
I used to do all the CEU credits for my boss back in the day. I Also have the study guide and have read the entire thing, but I think it was a member on here that kinda persuaded me to forgo getting certified. A baseline needs to be established for the industry, but it’s just a money grab in the grand scheme. We have a ISA “arborist” still doing first time treatments on ash trees that are obviously doomed and they prune oaks all year long. Cities require an ISA arborist on staff to bid on a contract, but then don’t require that arborist on the job site. Maybe if ISA cleaned up some stuff and had better enforcement, I’d be ready to jump on board. Otherwise I’ll keep learning on my own and put out solid work.

I don't think so. They are like Husqvarna to Stihl. When you buy second best you always want to say its best. Number one doesn't need to say anything.
My newest employee came from a company with a newer bc1800 and said my morbark model 13 would demolish it in terms of infeed ability. The vertical feed wheels on the Vermeer just aren’t as strong as the traditional horizontal. I find the bandit’s have the strongest infeed. Give one of them a try/demo, you got nothing to lose.

I used to do all the CEU credits for my boss back in the day. I Also have the study guide and have read the entire thing, but I think it was a member on here that kinda persuaded me to forgo getting certified. A baseline needs to be established for the industry, but it’s just a money grab in the grand scheme. We have a ISA “arborist” still doing first time treatments on ash trees that are obviously doomed and they prune oaks all year long. Cities require an ISA arborist on staff to bid on a contract, but then don’t require that arborist on the job site. Maybe if ISA cleaned up some stuff and had better enforcement, I’d be ready to jump on board. Otherwise I’ll keep learning on my own and put out solid work.
You are your boss were being crooked doing his ceu's so no reflection on the entity. It is a cert that gets better every year with 30 nec over 3 years. This is my 30th year of the cert and I was first an ISA member 52 years ago. It is the gold standard. But I like your last statement.

My newest employee came from a company with a newer bc1800 and said my morbark model 13 would demolish it in terms of infeed ability. The vertical feed wheels on the Vermeer just aren’t as strong as the traditional horizontal. I find the bandit’s have the strongest infeed. Give one of them a try/demo, you got nothing to lose.
I prefer my vertical infeed to the horizontal especially feeding leaders into the tree with a crane. Very easy to get engaged with the feeders. Not more it could do other than sing and dance to show tunes. My bc2000 crushes crotches.

Latest posts

Back