whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice truck and chipper you got there Dave, almost reminds me of the Isuzu NPR
makes me want to get a truck like I pictured here and put a dump bed on it

Attachments

• bobmog8.jpg
    bobmog8.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 9
yikes! It was one of those days.

Had a better day today.

Blasted out our three black wattles, even got to stop for lunch, which is a rarity. Decided need to track down another dozen or so sheets of formply which would have speed up things even more being able to turn faster while on the grass.

Went round to small rural lot, knocked over four medium eucs overhanging the powerline, filled truck, left chipper on property ready for first powerline job tomorrow morning, ran load of mulch out another rural lot with a long driveway of planted northern hemi species, bastards try to tear mirrors off the chip truck every time go in there, quoted for pruning the driveway while trying to avoid losing mirrors.

1990 Mack ms300 with 300 Engine, 18' chip box dump with removable top and dumps straight up. Have to remove the pintel hitch or it scrapes the ground. 8.8 Litre, 538 CID L6 Renault diesel made in France, Short wheelbase so it can easily make a u turn in any cul de sac WITH my BC 2000 Vermeer 20" 2 axle chipper attached to it. Starts every time every day and can drag my 15,000 lb. chipper straight up a hill easily. Can back in the tightest driveway you ever seen Why? It is a cab over. 180,000 miles. Not for sale...just bragging Jeffy. It is easy to finance new stuff like some other braggarts (MDS) on here. Talk some schit, show some pictures...back it up.

View attachment 930783View attachment 930784View attachment 930785View attachment 930786

Cab overs are the standard in Australia, my 1982 6x4 Scania constantly amazes me where it can turn into. Has a better turning circle than my LV's actually. Back of bin sits right over rear axle, so not a ounce of tail swing when turning.

Just had to put a 'new' gearbox & clutch in the old warhorse though - 10 speed synchro, just under $13K, so owes a bit more hard work yet. Love putting the boot into the 13.2L V8 & hearing the turbo sucking birds out of the sky.

Managed images to display, shoot everything on SLR, so had to shrink files.

Test photo for the grumpy old bastard....

Ziplining a bluegum past house, previously over a swimming pool, dropping to much debris, so pool was filled in. Around 1150kg/m3 the Tas blues, so had to pull up the big zip lined blocks before they bounced into the fountain behind. Branches tend to fly slower & self brake when the hitting the ground, the big blocks accelerate (we flat line them to give more clearance over roofs) & bounce, sometimes 10 or 20m, so a backstop is handy.

bluegum-zipline-jpg.930797

Attachments

• Bluegum zipline .jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
Intermercato five finger grapple, fixed mount with continuous 360 rotation on worm drive. Mentioned before, modified from 5-8 tonne excavator class. Beast of a thing, found the Vermeer compact track destroyed the lightweight attachments made for Dingo, Toro, Kanga etc.

Log is karri, green weight around 1200kg/m3, was a Mustang wheeled skid steer at this job, 55hp, couldn't shift these logs.

Find the fixed mount super useful for manipulating wood, placing post, rocks, pulling small tree right out, you name it, can do it with grapple. Had a custom grapple bucket built for machine before this grapple, hardly use it for tree jobs now after got this one. Not cheap though, around $10K.

Medium term, plan is for a 8-10 tonne knuckle boom excavator with one of these grapples, will be able to get some serious double 360 log throwing on then.

vermeer-925-jpg.930798

Attachments

• Vermeer 925.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
Whats better than a Vermeer compact track.

Two of them.

Doing some woody weed (acacia longifolia) removal in riparian reserves for local government. Two person crew with two Vermeers blasted through one reserve per day, including pulling stumps. Saved the Shire weeks of labour with traditional crew running just a chipper & winch set up with two wheel drive truck.

vermeer-x2-jpg.930799

vermeer-x1-jpg.930800

Attachments

• Vermeer x2.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 78
  • Vermeer x1.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
You HAVE to be kidding? Right? Is that
You HAVE to be kidding? Right? Is that It?
?
1990 Mack ms300 with 300 Engine, 18' chip box dump with removable top and dumps straight up. Have to remove the pintel hitch or it scrapes the ground. 8.8 Litre, 538 CID L6 Renault diesel made in France, Short wheelbase so it can easily make a u turn in any cul de sac WITH my BC 2000 Vermeer 20" 2 axle chipper attached to it. Starts every time every day and can drag my 15,000 lb. chipper straight up a hill easily. Can back in the tightest driveway you ever seen Why? It is a cab over. 180,000 miles. Not for sale...just bragging Jeffy. It is easy to finance new stuff like some other braggarts (MDS) on here. Talk some schit, show some pictures...back it up.

View attachment 930783View attachment 930784View attachment 930785View attachment 930786
Not everyone is afraid of payments treevet…

And the orange looks great 🙄

you dont stress test every bowline you have ever tied, a splice is no different than a knot, esp 3 strand, ***** stupid easy
Do you use a bowline to support yourself in a tree as a lifeline? As the one thing you rely on to keep yourself alive? Is that what you do? :popcorn2: Because remember, a carabiner is just a carabiner too and they all work the same way, right?

just because you can splice something easily, doesn't mean it's something you should rely on to save your life. Do yourself a favor and stay on the ground.

Not everyone is afraid of payments treevet…
I am paying on 3 things right now...2 will be done in Dec with payoffs...

2011 International 7400 4X4 DT466 Maxforce turbo diesel 7.6 litre L6 short wheel base puddle jumper with 65' reach Altec LRV, 37,000 miles I have put up before.

2019 Bobcat S650 with grapple bucket (still deciding on wide opening, say 60", 2nd grapple) and large new bucket 74 hp turbo diesel, just bought with 1k hours on it maintained by Bobcat as they had it on contract and sold it to me and completely reconditioned it and gave a 2 year full warr.

In Spring will easily pay off brand new 2020 Ford F550 9' dump bought last winter as I have been double paying to now after trading in my Silverado 3500 '17 4X4 for it. Ford is 7.3 litre gas, 20k gvw.

1632339560387.png

78078929_2596259860468436_3011423213012910080_o.jpgKIMG2769.JPG

But your point that your stuff "is nicer than mine". You show 3 pieces and none of them is markedly better than mine not to mention I own 7 trucks (including 2 buckets and a crane, 20' bed log f800 log truck, Mack 18' chip dump, brand new f550 4x4 dump, ) , 2 chippers, 2 stump grinders, 3 commercial tow behind sprayers, newish dump trailer, new s650 Bobcat, perfect Tx 1000 Dingo, 3 grapples, 5 other commercial trailers, wraptor, about 18 new gen stihl chainsaws most pro ported and modded including ported ms 461 ms661 and ms 880 (just got back 880...cost about $1k to port) , etc etc. Can I see some more of your stuff? Everyone wants to rag my equipment but have yet to see anyone I'd trade straight up with (at least anyone who actually OWNS their equipment lol).
For starters treevet. Ripping out the front landscape to re-landscape in the spring: pruning some **** in the back . We’ll split a couple of cords to deliver this weekend (dead ash logs). And yes I know my equipment is nicer than yours.

Two of them.

Doing some woody weed (acacia longifolia) removal in riparian reserves for local government. Two person crew with two Vermeers blasted through one reserve per day, including pulling stumps. Saved the Shire weeks of labour with traditional crew running just a chipper & winch set up with two wheel drive truck.

vermeer-x2-jpg.930799

vermeer-x1-jpg.930800
what models are the vermeers?

I am paying on 3 things right now...2 will be done in Dec with payoffs...

2011 International 7400 4X4 DT466 Maxforce turbo diesel 7.6 litre L6 short wheel base puddle jumper with 65' reach Altec LRV, 37,000 miles I have put up before.

2019 Bobcat S650 with grapple bucket (still deciding on wide opening, say 60", 2nd grapple) and large new bucket 74 hp turbo diesel, just bought with 1k hours on it maintained by Bobcat as they had it on contract and sold it to me and completely reconditioned it and gave a 2 year full warr.

In Spring will easily pay off brand new 2020 Ford F550 9' dump bought last winter as I have been double paying to now after trading in my Silverado 3500 '17 4X4 for it. Ford is 7.3 litre gas, 20k gvw.

View attachment 930854

View attachment 930852View attachment 930853
But your point that your stuff "is nicer than mine". You show 3 pieces and none of them is markedly better than mine not to mention I own 7 trucks (including 2 buckets and a crane, 20' bed log f800 log truck, Mack 18' chip dump, brand new f550 4x4 dump, ) , 2 chippers, 2 stump grinders, 3 commercial tow behind sprayers, newish dump trailer, new s650 Bobcat, perfect Tx 1000 Dingo, 3 grapples, 5 other commercial trailers, wraptor, about 18 new gen stihl chainsaws most pro ported and modded including ported ms 461 ms661 and ms 880 (just got back 880...cost about $1k to port) , etc etc. Can I see some more of your stuff? Everyone wants to rag my equipment but have yet to see anyone I'd trade straight up with (at least anyone who actually OWNS their equipment lol)
But your point that your stuff "is nicer than mine". You show 3 pieces and none of them is markedly better than mine not to mention I own 7 trucks (including 2 buckets and a crane, 20' bed log f800 log truck, Mack 18' chip dump, brand new f550 4x4 dump, ) , 2 chippers, 2 stump grinders, 3 commercial tow behind sprayers, newish dump trailer, new s650 Bobcat, perfect Tx 1000 Dingo, 3 grapples, 5 other commercial trailers, wraptor, about 18 new gen stihl chainsaws most pro ported and modded including ported ms 461 ms661 and ms 880 (just got back 880...cost about $1k to port) , etc etc. Can I see some more of your stuff? Everyone wants to rag my equipment but have yet to see anyone I'd trade straight up with (at least anyone who actually OWNS their equipment lol).
You have very nice equipment treevet. Sorry I offended you. Financing a used bucket truck with out an elevator is so smart ! A wheel skid loader will do wonders in the snow and mud and 9 foot dump body is so useful. I mean you can put 9 foot long logs in it ! That’s great. Maybe even 3 yards of topsoil . Definitely doesn’t make sense to have a 12 foot body (or a diesel ) and I bet your collection of trailered sprayers are super cool. Why have a spray trucks when you can have THREE spray trailers! Omg you might be able to fit one sprayer on the 9 foot dump body also! I can’t wait to see pictures of your other trailer collection either and the “almost new “ dump trailer sounds like a real gem. Because those are so practical . And dingo makes such a well built mini skid steer that’s why you see so many of them. I mean they’re not total junk at all. Can’t wait to see the rest of your high valued equipment. It’s not like old log trucks are a dime a dozen. And they grapples don’t cost much to replace either. That’s a genius investment . But on a serious note I do like your Vermeer 2000

I guess that might be sarcasm but if so you just look plain stupid in the attempt at it. An elevator is way heavier and won't get near the small spots mine will. I also have an elevator height bucket in my lot at 75' WH. But the Puddle jumper I bought would easily sell for $100k if I wanted to cash it in now...today. See them all the time for that and mine is flawless. The wheel loader dig...stupid. Desperate. The F550 9' dump which is an 11' dump with the gate down and has a 12k payload is amazingly useful. A dig at the 7.3 litre gas? People, including me..rave about that engine. Not paying diesel prices either. What is that thing you got? Is that your go to? Contractors dump for chipping into. Stupid.

3 spray rigs a joke to you? One sprays 100' in the air for insects and has a 500 gal cap. One has 250 gals. and is a 15gpm pump and does treatments and mostly fertilizing trees maybe making twice in the spring than what you make in your low income housing niche area. Third sprayer pumps herbicide to keep my lot clean. Can't put anything but herbicide in a herbicide sprayer. So crafty aren't you with the sarcasm...a dump trailer belittled when I don't see one in your vast (3 pieces) equipment collection. A dig on Dingo...Ditchwitch may be a nice mini skid but the truth is Toro now OWNS Ditchwitch...so which is more apt to be the "junk". And where do you go to get a fkn dipschitwitch fixed? Stupid dumb acs sarcastic schit. Ask to see YOUR stuff and you are a no show.....C'mon son...what you got?

Maybe I should have mentioned just paid off my new BMW x3. 1 acre commercial lot in a great location. Almost paid off my $450k home in the middle of 2 very wealthy neighborhoods with an amazing clientele anyone would be jealous of. Lived here for 40 years. Put 4 kids thru college and wife hasn't worked in 20 years. You want to judge me lets put your schit up and have a go at it....BCK...what kind of a name is that? Big Chump Kracker. You in hiding in the witness protection program lol.?

I see you went for the "composition" board instead for that damn pricey treated plywood and the no paint selection on the top of your nailed together chip box...excellent!

97864D14-D126-4023-BE28-B3E68E03A573.jpeg

I guess that might be sarcasm but if so you just look plain stupid in the attempt at it. An elevator is way heavier and won't get near the small spots mine will. I also have an elevator height bucket in my lot at 75' WH. But the Puddle jumper I bought would easily sell for $100k if I wanted to cash it in now...today. See them all the time for that and mine is flawless. The wheel loader dig...stupid. Desperate. The F550 9' dump which is an 11' dump with the gate down and has a 12k payload is amazingly useful. A dig at the 7.3 litre gas? People, including me..rave about that engine. Not paying diesel prices either. What is that thing you got? Is that your go to? Contractors dump for chipping into. Stupid.

3 spray rigs a joke to you? One sprays 100' in the air for insects and has a 500 gal cap. One has 250 gals. and is a 15gpm pump and does treatments and mostly fertilizing trees maybe making twice in the spring than what you make in your low income housing niche area. Third sprayer pumps herbicide to keep my lot clean. Can't put anything but herbicide in a herbicide sprayer. So crafty aren't you with the sarcasm...a dump trailer belittled when I don't see one in your vast (3 pieces) equipment collection. A dig on Dingo...Ditchwitch may be a nice mini skid but the truth is Toro now OWNS Ditchwitch...so which is more apt to be the "junk". And where do you go to get a fkn dipschitwitch fixed? Stupid dumb acs sarcastic schit. Ask to see YOUR stuff and you are a no show.....C'mon son...what you got?

Maybe I should have mentioned just paid off my new BMW x3. 1 acre commercial lot in a great location. Almost paid off my $450k home in the middle of 2 very wealthy neighborhoods with an amazing clientele anyone would be jealous of. Lived here for 40 years. Put 4 kids thru college and wife hasn't worked in 20 years. You want to judge me lets put your schit up and have a go at it....BCK...what kind of a name is that? Big Chump Kracker. You in hiding in the witness protection program lol.?
You’re too funny 🤗

Two of them.

vermeer-x2-jpg.930799

vermeer-x1-jpg.930800
I can't help but read your posts in an aussie accent.

You've got some nice equipment.

Back