whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was 10k. I wasn’t required to give a price. Was kind of left at “we’ll see how it goes” (said to me). I was looking at it again today. That 10k figure might not be that far off.

We had their driveway looking like a logging operation. This was early on. Just one more part to mostly full load and the wood and the pine part of the job will be done.
View attachment 946290View attachment 946291
Looks like you need a little air in the front tire ?

Looks like you need a little air in the front tire ?

I was waiting for someone to notice that. Been a while since I’ve checked them. Was actually hoping I didn’t lose a bead today. Been like that a while though. Pita is the fronts are filled, so have to jack it up and put the stems at 12:00 to fill. Machine is always on trailer or on the job, so never gets done.

I was waiting for someone to notice that. Been a while since I’ve checked them. Was actually hoping I didn’t lose a bead today. Been like that a while though. Pita is the fronts are filled, so have to jack it up and put the stems at 12:00 to fill. Machine is always on trailer or on the job, so never gets done.
Interesting, I thought I remembered seeing one low once before. I have a Branch manager Giant 254T with dualies. Had the inner foam filled so I would never get a flat and some extra weight. I understand your dilemma though.

one advantage to running duals: tire goes flat? you can limp it back to the trailer

I say limp and not run it all day because people get upset
you have 7 out of 8 tires holding, finish the job
Yeah, I actually think I could run indefinitely on just the inner foam filled tires. The set up I bought from Dave Nordgaard allows me to take off outside tires with one big center nut if I have a job where I need to get thru a narrower area or gate. Would not be as stable though...

Yeah, I actually think I could run indefinitely on just the inner foam filled tires. The set up I bought from Dave Nordgaard allows me to take off outside tires with one big center nut if I have a job where I need to get thru a narrower area or gate. Would not be as stable though...

You’ve had me thinking that I need to go up to the job, drop the grapple, put on the bucket and drive my machine down to the shop to add air. Lol. I knew I needed to anyway, like I said, just never an ideal time. Guess I can stop at the gas station and fill it up too. That and the controls on my log truck need spraying… and three estimates.. and an invoice or two. Lol, we’ll see how far I get with all that.

View attachment 946340
First time trying SRT; zigzag with chicane, petzl knee ascender and pantin foot ascender. Still need to dial it all in, but pretty sweet when you get into a rhythm.
Congrats on trying srt/srs or whatever it’s being called now. I would switch to a different rope. I prefer Yale’s 11.7 series but there are plenty of better options. That tuefelberger 16 strand is a bit bouncy on long ascents and being a true 1/2” rope it’s at the upper limit of that devise for size. It’ll be a bit grabby compared to a thinner line.

None of your trucks have air brakes? Put air fitting on tank have a lil hose and presto. Its a wonderful thing to have makes it easier to keep your saw filters clean too. Got a few mins of down time where splinter and his buddy are just standing around? Send them over to blow filters out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

None of your trucks have air brakes? Put air fitting on tank have a lil hose and presto. Its a wonderful thing to have makes it easier to keep your saw filters clean too. Got a few mins of down time where splinter and his buddy are just standing around? Send them over to blow filters out.

That’s a good idea. I know a lot of guys have their buckets set up like that, just never really seemed necessary enough to me to bother.

Does your boy Reon have you blow out his saws while he unfurls his crane? Lol

That’s a good idea. I know a lot of guys have their buckets set up like that, just never really seemed necessary enough to me to bother.

Does your boy Reon have you blow out his saws while he unfurls his crane? Lol
It only takes a few mins to setup, you may not use it every day but when you really need air its a life saver.

No, Felipe already has that handled by the time I get there. Lol

Just sold a six day local job at “top dollah” (“Cha- ching”:laugh:) to close out the week.

Damn new lift should be in this week too! I’ve already completed the paperwork and everything. Might have to drag this car out back and tarp it off if I get pissed enough lol. I wouldn’t do that, temping though.
7AE8C88B-776E-4749-8837-456375BA48A1.jpeg

Nice! I have the same set up. I never spent the time to figure out the knee ascender efficiently though.

Have struggled to find a good position / balance with the knee ascender as well. Swap regularly between single & double throughout climbs so have found a bastardised tree / cave / rock set up works well for me.

* Zig zag with chicane, no chest lanyard.
* Right foot ascender (silky saw also on right calf).
* Right hand ascender above chicane.

Disconnect chicane & straight into double set-up, just have to remember to remove hand ascender (not that I've ever forgotten & had it go sailing up to get stuck in a notch....). No pesky knee ascender to get in way during work, foot ascender there ready for all the various micro climbs within larger climbs.

Latest posts

Back