What’s your favorite smaller cc saw.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just surprises me that you carry around that 5kg when you didn't have to, that's all. Cheers!

After 25+ years of having a 23 Compact/266XP 2 saw plan, then adding a 3120XP to them, a 353/550XP, seems down right Feather weight for what I use them for;)

At 6' Tall, and the wrong side of 265#, "Husky Man" refers to more than just my taste in saws:), I don't find the weight to be a big problem, especially when they are used mainly for bucking 16" or smaller diameter logs.

Once the 550XP wakes up, I don't worry about burying an 18-20" B&C often

Doug :cheers:

From what I've heard there is a big difference from the 026 to the 260/261 in acceleration, if that doesn't bother you... well it doesn't bother me for sure.

Get angry!

Not angry at all.No disrespect intended. It would be interesting to see the comparison. The current MS 250 I have was rated at 3.0 hp for it's 45 cc engine. The old 026 was rated about 3.2 hp for it's 48cc engine. The later 260 qand 261s had,I think, 50cc engines. All the "26" series were sold as pro saws.

I agree, 50cc isn't a small saw, but some will say they're small.

I guess that it boils down to "Small" being a relative term.

For me, I have the 23 Compact (38cc), Top Handle, but for rear handle saws my "Small" are The Wife's 445(50.2cc, NE) 353, and 550XP.

With the rest of my saws being 460 Rancher, 266XP, 390XP, 395XP, and 3120XP, that pretty much makes my 50cc saws, my "Small" saws.

I am curious about the 543XP, but there just isn't much out there about it.

SVK did a review about the 130, seemed to be a pretty decent saw for $200

To ME, 50cc is the large end of "Small" saws.

Others may define "Small" 50cc and less to Me, "Medium" 55/60cc-85cc to Me, and "Large" 90cc and Larger to Me, differently than I do. What saws you have, and how you use them, will likely adjust how you define S/M/L

For 25 years, my "Old Reliable" 266XP was my "Big Saw", strangely, it lost that title, when I bought the 3120XP;)

Doug :cheers:

I don't consider this to be my best but would consider it my favorite simply because it gets used the most. It kind of gets thrown on the ATV or tractor automatically when I go out to check fence lines or doing anything else in the pastures or woods. It's not a powerhouse but is certainly is nice to carry around on an ATV or tractor. At first I thought the rear handle may have been a worse choice than a top handled saw. For me the rear handle is safer and gives me more control. And I can run it one handed with the rear handle if needed although I know I ain't supposed to do that.

CO1vHfMl.jpg

Back