What chipper did I buy? Help Please?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, if you're gonna junk the old carb anyways, you might as well try and rebuild it... The worst that can happen is you learn something! Its true we live in a throw-away society nowadays..

VALandscaper here are the pics of the throttle set up. It was tough to get good pictures, the black cable with a bunch of skinny copper wires sticking out of it is the throttle cable connected to the knob. There is one central steel cable that controls the throttle but its surrounded by copper wires inside a sleeve basically. Here are some pics from different angles. Let me know if you need more!

Attachments

• 20140325_160455(1).jpg
    20140325_160455(1).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140325_160446.jpg
    20140325_160446.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140325_160529.jpg
    20140325_160529.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15
I apologize for how my computer rotates the pictures when I post them. It definitely confuses things...

As far as rebuilding the carb I am all for that, and definitely agree its a good opportunity to learn, but here is my situation. I currently am employed 50+ hours a week Mon-Friday as an arborist and I am trying to get my own things rolling on the side. I have people waiting on me to get work done for them. I just bought this chipper and and dump truck in the past few weeks. I would like to be up and rolling by next weekend. I could spend a whole saturday rebuilding a carburetor or I could spend 250 on a new one, turn the two nuts to take the old one off and put the new one on and go to work all day Saturday. The carb would be paid for and then some...plus I'd be taking care of customers and likely picking up new ones.

Latest posts

Back