What cool tools will arborists be using 150 years from now...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kind of thinking of a crane/bucket truck with a saw and a grapple on it. Would eliminate someone in the air all together.

As for the chippers and grinders, i don't know how much they can improve what they already have. You can only improve and advance those machines so much, i'll bet what evers next will be something completely new if they do change.

They can certainly improve on the internal combustion engine (I think).. so power plants may change significantly. The grinder part.. and chipper.. maybe smaller and lighter (although light is not always good for grinders unless you have some way to artificially increase the gravitational pull to simulate weight).

Nuclear war, meteorite strikes, yellowstone going boom, famine & pestilence will all contribute to a techno reversal. 150 years from now we will be hand pruning with sharpened rocks, burning brush on-site, & using our big-shots to kill squirrels for lunch.

Hope I've got it wrong...

Killin squirls for lunch....Only because coons and possum will be excinct....

Just think, with a life span of 150 years you would be able to go to school the first 30, work 3 different 30 year careers and retire and have 30 more good years to hunt and fish, Joe.

Latest posts

Back