What fuel filters are you using ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl-Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just curious what fuel filters you use and any particular reason why ?
I was buying the ceramic style like the bottom filter but just got a bunch of the Walbro ones. They look like a decent filter. The ceramic ones are kinda small and don’t know if they would feed enough fuel for a bigger saw. The Walbro I got are rated up to 80cc.
e0d0ca889a065482190b29379b2864db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those stone style filters are what I use on weed eaters and sub 30cc saws, I personally do not like the felt wrapped style filters. I use 2 different versions of stihl fuel filter purchased in packs of 10 dependent on the saws cc. Rotary, stens, oregon are pretty decently made but I would stay away from anything else esp chinese versions. The stone type get clogged easily in my experience, water in ethanol blended fuel blocks them up badly.

Just curious what fuel filters you use and any particular reason why ?
I was buying the ceramic style like the bottom filter but just got a bunch of the Walbro ones. They look like a decent filter. The ceramic ones are kinda small and don’t know if they would feed enough fuel for a bigger saw. The Walbro I got are rated up to 80cc.
e0d0ca889a065482190b29379b2864db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Walbro filters are very good filters... However, the have an Achilles heel in that they can clog up slowly such that you can lean out and burn up a saw while running heavily loaded at highest fuel flow.

Stihl used to use a LOT of the Walbro filters in most of their equipment. I think that they finally decided that it was better to let a few "fines" along with fuel through their filter rather than burn up an engine.

Back