What happened to Husqvarna?!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You actually have excellent first hand data to add, and u have not personally experienced failures at this point. The ones you "know" about are second hand again just hear say, even if they are your "friends". And we both have opinions, I will post mine as I have my hands on different saws. You went to the Stihl narrative as that is your preferred saw which is all good and part of your experience. I can post a video on my experience if you want. I have a shop with a pile of cases. 461's and early 372's. You stated your opinion. Mine is a little different. Both manufactures have saws with nylon caged bearings that last a normal service life. After tweaking the 372 XT, even those last a normal period of time. I have seen and taken apart several 461's and 372's after a "normal" life that quit because the nylon crumbled and the bearing failed, I see them as successful saws as they earned their keep for the owners. As I see the "hands on" events, I often report with a video; but ONLY on what I have right in front of me. Here is one such event, actually one of a few with these saws. U have anything hands on you can report? And the answer is "yes" , you have both 462 and 572 that are working and to this point have not failed. THAT is first hand and excellent data. As mine is. The NEXT level is "opinion" and interpretations of other folks events, second hand data. That is where things get muddy. I too have a failed 572 case but I know how that happened and it wasn't stock therefor really not of value.

Just curious what was Husqvarna's idea behind going with a 39mm stroke?

I have no connection with Husqvarna but as others have commented, with that long stroke (48m x 39mm) is good for running longer bars and you can have a series of saws just by increasing the bore similar to the Stihl regular, super, magnum series in the past or the 281xp is 52mmx38mm, 288xp is 54mm x 38mm and the 395xp is 56mm x 38mm so people are hoping the platform is robust enough to have larger bore versions.

Dang you’ve had a busy life. Mechanic, machine builder, saw shop owner, what else?:drinkingcoffee:
No saw shop owner. Engineering lead tech. I got caught up in every recession I changed my hat to stay working. Building CNC machines was the best job. The world headquarters engineering job had the best benifits. I was happy logging, selling firewood. I like being in the forest smelling two stroke in the morning.

I made sure my kids were clothed and fed.

It seems to me that Husqvarna is focusing on the big box stores looking for volume in sales with the home owners market and seems there not focused on the professional tree cutters. I know they had crank bearing problems with the very first 181se or 288 if I remember back then. It’s the 162, 262, 266 that made their name in the pro saws.

It seems to me that Husqvarna is focusing on the big box stores looking for volume in sales with the home owners market and seems there not focused on the professional tree cutters. I know they had crank bearing problems with the very first 181se or 288 if I remember back then. It’s the 162, 262, 266 that made their name in the pro saws.
It's sad really, I have a lot of great saws made by them, I'm hoping the get their head out of the sand and amp up their game.

Back