What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hipastore

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm curious whether the level of cleaning and maintenance. I'm also wondering whether too much cleaning and maintenance can be bad for a saw (constantly disassembling the powerhead, using compressed air on the air filter, exposing the carburetor mouth, constantly greasing the needle bearing, daily use of cleaning agents like Citrol or Simple Green, etc.)

After a normal day of cutting, what daily cleaning and maintenance tasks are you doing for your saw?

After a week of work what deep cleaning and maintenance tasks are you doing for your saw?

What are your once or twice or three times a year cleaning and maintenance tasks?

Remove clutch cover spray out with air gun then some good ole brake cleaner then a little pb silicon spray on brake spring and clutch drum bearing it also works good on the plastic saw dust will not stick just slide right off plus it's like armor all for your plastic covers its pb blaster silicone spray .16730592183965060255939310175515.jpg

At the end of the day I removed the gas start up the saws and let them run dry both in running mode and choke. If I'm using them in consecutive days I won't clean them with compressed air but, if they're going to sit for two or more days I'll use compressed air. When I mean air I mean take off the filter cover blow that out clutch cover. As far as greasing needle bearing every five times I use the saw I probably Grease the needle bearing. Reason why I dumped the gas can't trust this gas today

Latest posts

Back