What re-usable fittings (temporary fix) worked well for your bucket truck hydraulic hoses?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ever since I got my bucket truck I've always been puzzled by this. The last owner installed a reusable splice on the broken upper supply line (1/2 inch hose?) and it blown on me the second day I got it. I replace it with a brand new 500 dollar hose. a few days ago, I managed to nick one of the smaller hoses with my chainsaw for the upper joint and it started leaking soon after. I brought a small piece of the hose to an local industrial hydraulic shop (John Henry Foster). The guy sold me a reusable coupling. I'm sure that I installed it correctly. It start to leak just a few hours into it. then I cut out some length and re-installed it, same thing!

my question here: are there any fittings you guys found that work well with the bucket truck hoses (Dura-Flex?). I assume that the reason for my failure is that the fittings I bought are for rubber hoses which have slightly thicker material, slightly smaller ID and less slick and bond to the fitting better. Are there such fittings specifically made for bucket truck hose use? can't find anything online. Would really appreciate any input.

I made some measurement last night. Here are the dimensions:

the slick orange colored supply hose for my upper joint: ~ 0.4 inch ID; ~0.6375 OD.
the 3/8" black rubble hose for my bandit 250 feed wheel motor: 0.375 ID; 0.66 OD

Thx for sharing your thought and you experience. Erwin

Here is the answer I found out from a friend I just made at the Parker Shop. I'd like to just leave it here to help Someone out in the future.

If u have a fairly new hose damaged by rub and torn and measures about 0.4 inch ID and 0.6375 inch OD, go to a Parker store and get these two fittings, a male and a female:

Parker fitting
20651-6-6
20351-6-6

I just tested and I worked well. Erwin

did u get the r8 high pressure line in thermo/ just curious i need to replace a line and am curious if u can use the r7 rated for 2000psi its a 50 foot line, just not sure what bucket trucks need to have mine is an older truck 1992 , any help would be great
ps ive put a few reusable fittings in on this line works great as a patch but want to change it so its right.

Latest posts

Back