What software should i use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MariHer75

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Our tree care business has been operating for six months now, and we have seen some progress. However, we face many challenges because we are using Zoho One software for business management, and it is not designed specifically for arborists. Also, I find the cost of using the software very expensive based on the size of my company. So, is there any good software that is designed specifically for arborist businesses with a decent cost?

ArborStar would be m first choice if we were running 3+ crews.

Arbornote looked interesting, but is for iOS only so I ruled that out.

I looked at several options about 6-7 months ago, and settled on Jobber. More than I wanted to spend, but it works really well. If you want to try Jobber I can give you a referral code and you will get a free month. (full disclosure: I get a free month too for referring you).

I've heard good things about SingleOps for bigger operations.

I tried Gorilla Desk, but found Jobber much easier to use.

Thanks very

I looked at several options about 6-7 months ago, and settled on Jobber. More than I wanted to spend, but it works really well. If you want to try Jobber I can give you a referral code and you will get a free month. (full disclosure: I get a free month too for referring you).

Thanks very much for your advise. I think I will give ArboStar a try since I don't have much to spend. I will leave a review once i have tried

Thanks very

Thanks very much for your advise. I think I will give ArboStar a try since I don't have much to spend. I will leave a review once i have tried

I have also tried a couple of other solutions and later settled with ArboStar because of its robust features. However, you should do more research of the solutions and choose the one that works best for you.

I have also tried a couple of other solutions and later settled with ArboStar because of its robust features. However, you should do more research of the solutions and choose the one that works best for you.
Thanks for your insight. I think i will do some more research. From my understanding ArboStar, Jobber, and Arbogold are the most outstanding

Did you make the switch? I am currently implementing ArboStar and running into several problems that makes me worried I chose the wrong one. What issues have you had with ArboGold?
I am also trying to choose between ArboStar and Arborgold. What problems have you run into with Arbostar?

I've only used Single Ops. It worked well overall, but the interface wasn't intuitive, and the mobile app was clumsy. Poor integration with other services as well.

I am also trying to choose between ArboStar and Arborgold. What problems have you run into with Arbostar?

I've only used Single Ops. It worked well overall, but the interface wasn't intuitive, and the mobile app was clumsy. Poor integration with other services as well.
I wont go into specifics over here because I currently have a contract with them and I dont want to bring a lawsuit on myself for publicly sharing private information on how their software works and/or defamation. But some limitations of their calendars makes it incompatible with the way I manage my schedule and the tree inventory capacity does not suit the reasons we wanted a tree inventory module in the first place. And a few smaller issues, as is to be expected from any software.
I hear you with the poor integration problems. Implementing something new, that negatively disrupt a previously working system is counter productive.:(

I wont go into specifics over here because I currently have a contract with them and I dont want to bring a lawsuit on myself for publicly sharing private information on how their software works and/or defamation. But some limitations of their calendars makes it incompatible with the way I manage my schedule and the tree inventory capacity does not suit the reasons we wanted a tree inventory module in the first place. And a few smaller issues, as is to be expected from any software.
I hear you with the poor integration problems. Implementing something new, that negatively disrupt a previously working system is counter productive.:(
Thanks for the reply. Coincidentally, one of my concerns is that Arbostar cannot currently sync/export to Google calendar, though they tell me that is planned for future. But $ingleOps couldn't do that either. Arborgold claims to sync with Google Calendar, but they're also the most costly by far. I'm just trying to identify any shortcomings in the three programs that I haven't already identified. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

Thanks for the reply. Coincidentally, one of my concerns is that Arbostar cannot currently sync/export to Google calendar, though they tell me that is planned for future. But $ingleOps couldn't do that either. Arborgold claims to sync with Google Calendar, but they're also the most costly by far. I'm just trying to identify any shortcomings in the three programs that I haven't already identified. Appreciate you sharing your experience.
You are welcome. In this day and age, Google Calendar integration is a must in IMO. Even the sales rep. send me invites to meetings via Google Calendar, but those meeting wont sync into my calendar in their own software...Oh the irony.

You are welcome. In this day and age, Google Calendar integration is a must in IMO. Even the sales rep. send me invites to meetings via Google Calendar, but those meeting wont sync into my calendar in their own software...Oh the irony.
I made the same observation, lol... irony indeed!

Jobber will sync with Google Calendar...

If you want to give it a try, I can give you a referral code for 2 months (full disclosure, as a user I get 2 free months too...).

Jobber will sync with Google Calendar...

If you want to give it a try, I can give you a referral code for 2 months (full disclosure, as a user I get 2 free months too...).
Does jobber work offline? As in, write an estimate in a "no service" area, and have it upload to the cloud once I get back in a service area. Or having access to todays schedule and work order even when out of service.
Thanks!

Does jobber work offline? As in, write an estimate in a "no service" area, and have it upload to the cloud once I get back in a service area. Or having access to todays schedule and work order even when out of service.
Thanks!
It doesn't look like you can enter new info. In their Help menu, it describes making notes while offline which will upload once you are back on. But I'm guessing you'd have to already have that information loaded that you are may notes on??? When I need to do a write up offline, I type it in something else (often an email to myself that will send when I'm back online) then copy/paste into Jobber.

I do think if you load the work order ahead of time, it will stay up. I don't use the app... I use the online portal. Doing that, if I load the page ahead, it stays open the the browser when I'm not online so I can at least read the job description.

It doesn't look like you can enter new info. Help describes making notes while offline which will upload once you are back on. But I'm guessing you'd have to already have that information loaded that you are may notes on??? When I need to do that, I type it in something else them copy/paste into Jobber.

I do think if you load the work order ahead of time, it will stay up. I don't use the app... I use the online portal. There of I load the page ahead, it stays open the the browser when I'm not online so I can at least read the job description.
Ok Good to know. Ill look into it.

Thank you

Single Ops. It worked well overall, but the interface wasn't intuitive, and the mobile app was clumsy. Poor integration with other services as well.
Same here. We are small, 8 crew members with 2 on PHC during the growing season. We started using SingleOps about 2 years ago and have gotten a lot of return in sales, and decreased labor hours put into bookkeeping. We get a lot of compliments about how well put together our proposals look. SOs has a lot of features that are more geared toward Lawn care that we don't implement. the UI is a little clumsy but has improved over all. The app on android seems to fare a lot worse than on iOS.

They have a place for users to submit ideas for new functions so at least it feels a little like they care about your input. the customer service has been really helpful and responds quickly to issues and questions. I'd have to say that my favorite feature for PHC specifically is the ability to create the most efficient routes for treatments. You can create schedules from a map and use filters to specify specific treatments like all fungicides or soil injections etc. We do have a older client base so it's been hard to keep working half on paper and half online but over all we have had a good experience with them. I would just say, make your choice judiciously because once you move your entire client list over to one system, you are really bought in at that point.

Back