What to replace my 365s with

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifter2406

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been running a 365 Special for the last 25 years or so, I also have a 135mk2 for cutting firewood and a Stihl 881 for the big stuff and milling, my question is as the old 365 is getting a bit tired no days, what would you replace this with?

I have been running a 365 Special for the last 25 years or so, I also have a 135mk2 for cutting firewood and a Stihl 881 for the big stuff and milling, my question is as the old 365 is getting a bit tired no days, what would you replace this with?
Or just get one of these and be done with it Lol 😆 2F335F0C-B4AF-4E69-8037-94301EB14205.jpeg

Are you a brand loyal person, what ever good , cause the 572, 400 , 500 are all good saws , just what fits ur needs and budget and availability. But if you ever run a ported saw , it’s hard to go back to stock , the 592 is the best performing outta the box saw I have used in that size .

You are in New England, the OP is in Jolly Old England- wonder if the shipping would be worth it?
I've shipped 2166s to Northern Ireland, guess it's all about what you want/need and are willing to spend.
Not sure , probably won’t be cheap.
It's been a while since I shipped over there, but it was just over 100 usd, and depending on the country they also pay taxes and duty, I think the UK is both. That being said, many times a specific item that is difficult to obtain and more expensive there can be bought cheaper even after such expenses.

Back