What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1010001.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010005.JPGP1010002.JPG

I’ll be back! I just went looking for a pic of salmon on the grill and found some from that restaurant! Maybe it will load...Bingo. We took the bones to gnaw completely, a plate of sides we didn’t touch, and a quart of sauce with us. That’s my climber. Found out later that the platters would “feed two”, or, I guess a hungry tree guy!
:numberone:

Love pulled pork, ribs. . Local wild salmon (a benefit of living in a town on the Columbia River) comes out really well— no foil involved! Get some fresh ( not defrosted) fillets; anything from the supermarket has been frozen, even if marked “fresh”. I usually buy mine from the local NAs that sell them out of coolers by the river— s to “ milk” in the thin part and is still raw in the middle of the thick part. Then put it on a platter and cover with foil— that way it will finish cooking and not be over done. Almost all salmon you get in a restaurant will be over cooked and taste fishy. You will blow peoples minds cooking it this way, and should work great for other fish too.
getting really good, fresh salmon down here is tuff at times. not all from store is frozen. i can get 'next day' catch, was in Atlantic day before swimming... at one store's fish market counter. if i catch it, lol... it i catch it just right and it has been just delivered in from airport... is jetted in in containers on ice, covered in ice... refer compartments on jets... it is over the top. but i have to buy a full side of it as a minimum. 3-4# each side. even the 'fresh' from that in the counter can be iffy. i have taken it back before. once the fish department manager understands i am from PNW and i know salmon... and i remind him his dept supposed to be best in town... well, i get their attention! :cool:. lol. and they listen to me. :) i can get ok salmon, not bad... and really great! but have to make an effort. be right place at right time. no fish should ever taste fishy! i won't go for it!! :omg: not over the counter or in restaurant. for the price they charge for fresh cod, it better be fresh, for example. issue is top layer may sit in container all day or afternoon... etc. why i dont buy in morning. and i always insist on something under something else... the ok salmon is usually on sale, the not bad a bit more... and really great never on sale! lol. this week: $10.27/#. but i can get a full side for $6/98/# ... up 75-cents from couple weeks ago when i was there. so issue then is... pay the premium for best, or pay for 'almost as good' at less. it has 100% guarantee. havn't bot it there, but plan to... ck it out. reportedly not frozen! will ask head butcher to confirm...

you are right about the overcooking. and how to best prepare it. even broiled it can be and should be... as tender as poached. i did this under broiler at 9/10 mins in a fully heat soaked oven. delicious. but next time will cut back to 6/7 mins... or about like it was when i cked it...
P1010002.JPG

P1010007.JPGP1010008.JPGP1010007.JPGP1010012.JPG

'over the top' when i scooped up some of the melted brown sugar off the parchment.

but nothing compares to the PNW and the cold waters there when salmon running and cooked same day! steelhead, too :) well, maybe Alaska! equally

Fresh pineapple on the bar b q last nite, with thick cut pork loin chops and baby Yukon gold potatoes halved and grilled with EVOO, yumm!
View attachment 915305View attachment 915306View attachment 915307
Pork tenderloin shish kabobs on the old webber......im stuffed.
we did grilled K-bob's Saturday nite, too. talked about pineapple... adds a nice touch to chicken. pork, too. tomatoes and 1015 onions from the garden. the lil peppers bot at grocery store week or so back... grilled, they were really good. will be on next K-bob grill out's menu...
P1010013.JPG
P1010011.JPG
P1010016.JPG
P1010018.JPG

we had a bunch of pork chops boneless centers we had decided to grill up. then in came the rains... and i did not think that sounded like fun :barbecue:times! even with a cold :givebeer: ! so had to do some on stove and oven. maybe next time...
P1010028.JPG

P1010029.JPG

P1010027.JPG
P1010031.JPG

tasty! and no complaints from anybody ~

Everything we cook lately has been on the grill, too hot inside to use the stove and we don't have ac. Was 95 in the house yesterday! I do the fries on the grill as well!
hi grz - hate to hear so hot there ... especially in the house! :nofunny: we got a/c... but i am never too far from worrying about it quitting!

hi grz - hate to hear so hot there ... especially in the house! :nofunny: we got a/c... but i am never too far from worrying about it quitting!
We live at 3,600', the heat only gets like this a couple of times a yr. so no real need for ac, I have Arizona coolers installed on our coverd porch overlooking the American River, with a large ceiling fan to help move the air, we survive pretty well.

Back