What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a summer like day yesterday, we fired up the grill....
P1010007.JPG
P1010003.JPG
P1010004.JPG
P1010005.JPG
P1010006.JPG
P1010009.JPG

how do u season it?

i use Montreal steak. and once grill ready i start with the chops bone side down on grates. then by time to do sides almost done. M-R for me. the loin first, the the filley. or visa versa. sometimes i don't worry about getting too close to bone. then next day, i take a knife and get every last morsel. i only toss out cleaned bones... down to the bone!

i like lamb chops b'cause... sorta like a mild beef tenderloin with flavor. current Sam's site says $9.48/#
1647702809604.png

lamb chops hard to beat! :numberone:

I've got a friend that would call sheep "grass maggots", I guess because of how they'd look from the air.
Kind of nice that you don't have to force them on corn making them much more sustainable.
I'll do lamb roast with rosemary on occasion. Love those chops, and KY style mutton BBQ.

I season lamb chops with Dizzy Pig "Mediterraneanish" rub and grill them over lump charcoal to 125°F internal temp. I do like leg of lamb with mint jelly, my mother used to cook it once in a while. Her Dad and Mom were from Nottingham, England. I guess she learned from home to like lamb. Only my granddaughter likes it, no one else in the family.

I season lamb chops with Dizzy Pig "Mediterraneanish" rub and grill them over lump charcoal to 125°F internal temp. I do like leg of lamb with mint jelly, my mother used to cook it once in a while. Her Dad and Mom were from Nottingham, England. I guess she learned from home to like lamb. Only my granddaughter likes it, no one else in the family.
i like Montreal steak. I used to live in England, but i think i must have got my lamb chop flavor gene from my Mom. she liked it. i have always liked it. My Dad always did leg of lamb for Easter Dinner... i guess it is sorta like cilantro. some like it, others do not. i really like it , and had my chops last nite over cilantro fresh from the garden! yum went back to Sam's this morning, well QB did... and got 2 more pack of lamb chops. some of the best i have seen. big, tender and every so tasty. definitely my fav meat! right up there with tenderloins...

film at 11

1648832246094.png

For Easter I smoked a smoked ham.
Sorry, no pics of the ham but as a concilation, here's the leftovers.
Saved the shank and now making Split-Pea soup.
20220422_063904.jpg

1-1/2c Split peas
1/4c Lentil
1/4c Cracked corn
Tomato bouillon
Chicken bouillon
Minced Garlic
2bay leaf
Lemon pepper
Black pepper
Celery
2 Carrott
1 onion
Ham bone or smoked knuckle

For Easter I smoked a smoked ham.
Sorry, no pics of the ham but as a concilation, here's the leftovers.
Saved the shank and now making Split-Pea soup.
View attachment 982942
1-1/2c Split peas
1/4c Lentil
1/4c Cracked corn
Tomato bouillon
Chicken bouillon
Minced Garlic
2bay leaf
Lemon pepper
Black pepper
Celery
2 Carrott