What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, i am going back to school! at least do some reading and studying. :barbecue: . ran across a book that seemed interesting. so we checked it out at the local library. i always liked science and outdoor cooking, grilling, etc. and that is what the book (class) is about. The science of grilling. :popcorn2: the book seemed little more than any one of many text books i had to buy in school days. i had a wad of credits at A-z from a gift card, so i used some. Meathead wrote the book. Meathead Goldwyn. and that, they say is his birth name! :yes: can u image getting a name as such at birth... and then later in life becoming a bbq/cooking guru!! ? The Science of Great BBQ and Grilling. they had me from the beginning....
P1010001.JPG

hope do be doing some backyard grilling soon... on my Lodge hibatchi. scrounged few yrs back, was a bit rusty, etc. brought back to 'ready to cook on' other day..
P1010009.JPG

P1010005.JPGP1010006.JPGP1010015.JPGP1010020.JPGP1010027.JPG sides now grill black, and will use foil inserts. and remove grates right after using. adds to their life. mostly for small pcs of this or that... it is one of the 'wild life scene-ducks' models. :cool:

a TexMex theme: For my ex, I would add minced habanero, which for her was still not hot enough.

omg! I grew some couple seasons ago... had to try them ! 1/8th x 1/8th... piece, then on tongue, squished tween teeth.... YEOW! wished I had not! :eek: :eek: omg -

can send you few ghost peppers or maybe some Carolina Reapers if you want to further along her palate...

View attachment 481421

View attachment 481422
oh wow ...can i get that recipie

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, nice!
i was reminded of my High School 5-5 Chevie the other day. $425.00 V8, of course... red and white HT!! :sweet:

V8 of course!!!
1658763186577.png

dinner poppers! had a jalapeno to use or loose... so i thawed some bacon, etc. used the guts for a sweet red in same state. the latter did have some bite! lol :mad:

i was reminded of my High School 5-5 Chevie the other day. $425.00 V8, of course... red and white HT!! :sweet:

V8 of course!!!
View attachment 1005470

dinner poppers! had a jalapeno to use or loose... so i thawed some bacon, etc. used the guts for a sweet red in same state. the latter did have some bite! lol :mad:
I like jalapeno poppers but they don't like me, so I split them and soak them in milk for some hours and then I can enjoy them. I also use them when I grill bacon wrapped doves w slices of peppers and onion. I can't wait for the season but it will here soon.

did some grilling yesterday over hot oak coals...

View attachment 991783
Man I miss this. I’d get a nice fire going and let it burn down a bit so I had a nice bed of coals. Few shovel loads into the Webber and start cooking. Haven’t done it in a while. Nothing like a nice cut of beef cooked over hardwood coals. Little salt and homemade chimichurri. And a few beers of course.

Man I miss this. I’d get a nice fire going and let it burn down a bit so I had a nice bed of coals. Few shovel loads into the Webber and start cooking. Haven’t done it in a while. Nothing like a nice cut of beef cooked over hardwood coals. Little salt and homemade chimichurri. And a few beers of course.
especially on a cool PNW evening... 👍 might as well be spring! ~

this popped up on tv-xfinity music station other afternoon...
P1010002.JPG

I like jalapeno poppers but they don't like me, so I split them and soak them in milk for some hours and then I can enjoy them. I also use them when I grill bacon wrapped doves w slices of peppers and onion. I can't wait for the season but it will here soon.
at the store yesterday. picked up 4 more. will make 8. philly, bacon and grill! warmed down a bit, hot off the grill cheese still soft: 👍

1659678738111.png

picked up 4# ground chuck. $2.97/#. made into 4 1 # pkgs... all headed to freezer. then one by one... burgers, etc to and from the grill! ~ :barbecue:

and just finished dinner. left over grilled chicken and chops. double cheese, thanks! served cheese burger style, with chips on the side.... was not light in the cheese dept!

Back