What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
29B3B593-8861-4416-BDB4-689D9900A36E.jpeg

Couple of rib-eyes over white oak, going to pair with a ****-ton of beer and baked potatoes. Got ‘em on sale for $7.99 a pound! 😃

going to pair with a ****-ton of beer
Approved...that’s the correct quantity of beer. Assuming it’s metric ****-ton?
baked potatoes
Each to their own....somehow I never got the appeal. I love potato bake, potato salad, mashed potato, just never got the baked “jacket potato” thing.
Got ‘em on sale for $7.99 a pound!
Damn, maths? 2.2 pounds to the kilo. 8 * 2.2 = (8 * 2) + 2(8 * 0.1) = 16 + 1.6 = 17.60 a kilo. That is pretty good, I think I’d normally pay 22-24 per kilo?

Great cut of meat, perfect. Can take the high heat, good fat, and the bone adds flavour (IMO).

Each to their own....somehow I never got the appeal. I love potato bake, potato salad, mashed potato, just never got the baked “jacket potato” thing.
best baked spud there is, are the ones done in foil and in the fire's hot ashes. takes about 3 hrs + for the ones we do... perfect fall potato. well, imo

campfire baked potatoes
1663266336926.png
1663266306054.png1663266262528.png

View attachment 1017633View attachment 1017634View attachment 1017635
White oak coals and mushroom skewers and some of those on sale rib-eyes from the deep freeze. Good Friday night cookout with ****-ton of beers. World ain’t ended yet so we’s a eating decent on this Friday night! 🤠 Y’all have a great weekend!!!
Here is someone who knows how to live. How did those mushrooms go...cause they look freakin awesome.

How do you go with the steak, you like it still cold inside, or mostly charcoal, or somewhere in between?

And as always, your beer potions are correct and accurate.

Exemplary inspection...you’ll get a commendation for this!

Here is someone who knows how to live. How did those mushrooms go...cause they look freakin awesome.
How do you go with the steak, you like it still cold inside, or mostly charcoal, or somewhere in between?
And as always, your beer potions are correct and accurate.
Exemplary inspection...you’ll get a commendation for this!
and here it is! : :numberone:

White oak coals and mushroom skewers and some of those on sale rib-eyes from the deep freeze. Good Friday night cookout with ****-ton of beers. World ain’t ended yet so we’s a eating decent on this Friday night! 🤠 Y’all have a great weekend!!!
i like the skewer for the shrooms. did u cook on open first, then turn over, or bottom first then turn over? going to have to try that now that my Broilmaster is back up and in service.

burgers tonite....
P1010030.JPG
P1010028.JPG
P1010031.JPG
P1010026.JPG

i like the skewer for the shrooms. did u cook on open first, then turn over, or bottom first then turn over? going to have to try that now that my Broilmaster is back up and in service.

burgers tonite....
View attachment 1017890View attachment 1017891View attachment 1017892View attachment 1017893
Thank god you added more than the first photo...in the first one, the onion looked like...gulp...pineapple. And pineapple has no place on a burger unless you a literally eating it while “hanging 10” off a beach in Hawaii. Wearing a grass skirt.

And even then I think it’s in rather poor taste, lol.

Burger looks great. I go for heavier bread, and I tend to melt the crap outta my cheese, but otherwise yours look much like mine. Simple, delicious, who wouldn’t like that?

Oh, and if you like em, some bread and butter dill pickles/cucumbers are great.

Thank god you added more than the first photo...in the first one, the onion looked like...gulp...pineapple. And pineapple has no place on a burger unless you a literally eating it while “hanging 10” off a beach in Hawaii. Wearing a grass skirt.

And even then I think it’s in rather poor taste, lol.

Burger looks great. I go for heavier bread, and I tend to melt the crap outta my cheese, but otherwise yours look much like mine. Simple, delicious, who wouldn’t like that?

Oh, and if you like em, some bread and butter dill pickles/cucumbers are great.
ha ~
white pineapple? i have lived in Hawaii... and never seen white pineapples. my burgers almost always USA traditional... cheese, meat, lettuce, sweet onion, and tomato - only, with MKM. but i bet a ring of pineapple grilled would make a neat Aloaha trim to a Hawaiian burger. they go well on shisk-ka-bobs for a Hawiian flavor.

thanks! the cheese is All American. their ad says 'engineered for the perfect cheesburger!' we think the got it right. i don't put cheese on the meat out on grill, melts and slides off. so, i just lay it on hot meat right off grill once back in kitchen. i had just put it on. in the sliced off pix u can see it has begun to melt...

>Oh, and if you like em, some bread and butter dill pickles/cucumbers are great.

yup! vlasic dills for my dills and Mt Olive for my bread and butters. delish lil ovals, in fact... eating some right now! 'crunch... crunch.... crunch!' so good, well, imo...even the juice gets it as a drink. maybe over ice one day. lol.

and i thot about some dills on the plate with chips for the pix, but was too hungry...
1663482844982.png1663482888040.png

bon appetit!

burgers tonite....
View attachment 1017890View attachment 1017891View attachment 1017892View attachment 1017893
Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and douse them with salt and pepper, I put them open side down first. When I flip them I take what ever oil is left on the pan/plate and pour it in the open side. Burgers sounded good to me for dinner tonight but I got out voted by my wife and son so we’re having teriyaki pork tenderloin, grilled of course! 😁

Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and douse them with salt and pepper, I put them open side down first. When I flip them I take what ever oil is left on the pan/plate and pour it in the open side. Burgers sounded good to me for dinner tonight but I got out voted by my wife and son so we’re having teriyaki pork tenderloin, grilled of course! 😁
thanks, chef! 👍

Back