What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this Clyde85, as an appreciation gift. It's nearly spotless, figured you might appreciate.

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_210732400.jpg
    IMG_20210408_210732400.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
@lostone
OK, the second 372 build fought me tooth and nail and pretty much had me on the ropes. It was hard to start and acted like the low side jet was clogged, I could try to tune it but it was a dog coming up to rpm so I decided fine I will swap out the OEM carb that I rebuilt and put the China special on it, NO GO, it wouldn't even hit. Now I'm frustrated and order a new OEM carb but while waiting on the new carb to get here I tear apart the used OEM I had on it and check all the passages and it acts like it's working fine so then I tear apart the China special carb and it's dry inside so then I check the lever and find it is set to low so I bend it to where it should be.

Fast forward, new carb shows up and I put it on the saw and I'm all happy to go test it out, same thing, Low end doesn't want to tune and then I hear POP and now I know I have a timing issue so I pull the OEM flywheel off and look at the key and see it is sheered so I put a China special flywheel on and she runs hard and strong now. I'll get me another used OEM and replace it but this build has fought me the entire build compared to the Huztl/OEM/Aftermarket build I did, it went together and was running like a cheetah out of the gate.

In the end I made sure, even with the fight, that this saw was built right and running right.
@lostone the key is there just to align the flywheel not to hold it. Pressure does that. Just stick it back on where the key was and it’s good to go.

Progress on my jonsered 2094 turbo. Case is sealed up gasket trimmed out. New bearings/seals installed (metal cage) and hyway pop up for husky 395 and caber rings. Opened up muffler port to 75% and gutted baffles. Finished porting it this morning. Stock was 106,126,71. I went with 103,126,78. Widened intake and exhaust and upper transfers. Few more parts to show up before she can fireView attachment 899103
71-78! That’s a huge jump. Hopefully case compression will be okay. Nobody likes a lazy saw. Did you grind it that far or was there machine work involved?

71-78! That’s a huge jump. Hopefully case compression will be okay. Nobody likes a lazy saw. Did you grind it that far or was there machine work involved?
Some grind and some gasket delete. If you watch the break in video I posted it isn’t lazy one bit

I thought I was going to see the saw in wood. Every saw looks like a hero revving with no bar and chain.

Not trying to be rude, I just know from experience moving the intake that far is alot. Not many saws require it. I could be way off base though. Never touched a 2095. Grinding an intake that much too generally makes for a thirsty saw.

I generally take all my intake to 77-78. Stock numbers where for stock setup with stock piston. Final numbers are with 395 piston and gasket delete. I did not have to grind much. About.030”
I can’t remember the number for 395 piston before port but it’s in my notes

I’ll have her in wood soon

I generally take all my intake to 77-78. Stock numbers where for stock setup with stock piston. Final numbers are with 395 piston and gasket delete. I did not have to grind much. About.030”
I can’t remember the number for 395 piston before port but it’s in my notes
How's the 395 piston differ? Shorter skirts? No one size fits all numbers when it comes to porting.

How's the 395 piston differ? Shorter skirts? No one size fits all numbers when it comes to porting.
It’s a little shorter in the skirts and little thicker in the top. Took squish to .027” from .066” stock form. That’s also after gasket delete but gasket was only .012”. I got this idea from bayou country powersaws on utube. He did a similar build with a 2095.

Back