What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today nothing, tomorrow is fire up day. Pull out ten saws and wake them up.
I have two 346xp, a 353, a 357,; a 359, a 262, 266, a 268, 371, 570, 575, 385 to fire up I lied more than ten. Maybe my Italian Lamborghini the Bender castor too.

Started on the Echo 590 today. Factory squish was .043, removing the gasket took an additional .013 so I peeled another .007 off the base to end at .023. Not sure if the son played with the jets when he took it or let someone play with them but it was set lean on low jet and rich on the high jet when I checked it before the tear down, you can see the top of the piston is coated.
The pic of the base of the cylinder was my first cut to true it up and clean the gasket off, I had to take another .007 after cleaning it up to get to my final squish.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 16
My latest saw build.
It's really gonna suck getting it and a generator into the woods though.
Sears Craftsman power hacksaw, I have had this torn apart for about 6 months (maybe closer to a year) and finally got around to putting it together today. When I got it, it was being used as a lawn ornament. Who ever had used it before never believed in the power of oil as lubricant, the main shaft had worn it's way through the bushing and was chewing into the casting and they pushed a nail beside the shaft to take up the slop, I ended up turning a new shaft for it and put in new bushings as well as filling in the casting. I still have to make a better front hold for the blade (yep I said blade), since they had cobbled together some scrap as one. I also had to make a few other bushings but it's like new or better now.
Not sure if this saw qualifies for this site :crazy2:
This saw is actually going back to work, it's not restored for looks. I did put a couple of coats of Rust-Oleum hammered paint on it, first time I have ever tried HVLP spaying and it didn't turn out to bad, but you still wouldn't want me painting you car.

Attachments

• DSC_0040[1].JPG
    DSC_0040[1].JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 23
Heimannm, on the PM6's do you have a hard time getting the tank section (fuel line) to seal up against the carb when you pull the tank/recoil? I have several of them and even using a small amount of teflon lube in order to get the end of the formed fuel line to seat it's a battle at best. I have put in NOS lines and still have one that fights me.

Yes, the fuel lines on some of the old ones seem to shrink a bit and will not make a good seal. I had success putting a couple of o-rings around the fuel line to help stretch it out a bit. That approach worked for me on several different saws. I don't remember the o-ring size off the top of my head, may have been a 007?? I have not run into that issue with a new fuel line.

Mark

Here is a photo of the PM6 fuel nipple with a two 007 o-rings in place. this seems to both stretch the nipple and provide a large O.D. to press into the fitting and make a good seal.

View attachment 915236

Mark
Thank you, I had thought about doing that but was never sure what size O-ring I would need and I will use a buna-n/nitrile O-ring.

Porting a 460/ building turbo manifolds
View attachment 915216View attachment 915215
Nice Yota, I ordered in a 11" lathe and it will be here towards the end of Aug. I went and looked at a SB10 (not the heavy 10) but it had only a 3/4" pass through on the spindle and a 2MT tail stock, plus the apron clutches where slipping, I could have fixed it but I already have enough projects on my plate so I passed. The lathe I ordered has a 1-1/2" pass through on the spindle and a 3mt tail stock, plus now I can use a larger tool post which will make it a lot easier to hold a 3/4" boring bar for modifying the squish band up in the cylinder where the best I can hold now is a 1/2" that has a lot of flex when stuck out that far.

Currently rebuilding an 036 pro. I haven't been able to work on much of anything since fire season hit hard in early July but I got a couple days off and was able to get bit done. Got new seals in and finished up work with the cylinder. Smoothed out casting imperfections on the intake, transfers and exhaust. Also got a nice polishing done on the exhaust. Didn't have to do much in the way of cleaning up the bore, it had pretty light use to begin with. Will get a pressure & vac test done today and then will be ready to reassemble.
Got the piston fitted with some new rings and got the cylinder back on. I always use new cyl. bolts. Got a new wrist pin bearing, circlips, and gasket on there too! Will be selling this one to recoup some $$$ I just spent on an sp125. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.
926f3877ffb6c9d0bdbc16fa3329cb5c.jpg
3a183ec03ed984b2b0f0e5ca5e601381.jpg
3e0e2f4c2741f4ab9b5bd61b8e4def64.jpg
50f97fc9e08854be90d0b59587d30fb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Homelite super xl 1973, very low hours, first chain, only disassembled and cleaned. Runs like new...oh needed new fuel line.

Attachments

• IMG_3537.JPG
    IMG_3537.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3544.JPG
    IMG_3544.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3545.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3547.JPG
    IMG_3547.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 22
Looking at all the desirable saws folk are wrenching I thought to balance the thread by showing what is most likely wasting my time just now.

This saw was a gift from a friend who bought it solely to chop up a small tree which fell in his suburban backyard - a true throwaway.

It has proved very useful and reliable for cutting small firewood on our rural property and gave no trouble until a just filled fuel tank emptied it's contents into my trailer.

Was going to throw it in the scrap bin but thought it might be merely a cracked fuel line or fuel tank.

So far all I can find wrong is the fuel tube has shrunk where it goes through the grommet.

I do hate throwing away stuff that can be easily fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_132853.jpg
    IMG_20210829_132853.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back