What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished up the 268xp build
DEF74CCE-B8D2-4BAC-875B-2B835AEF94E8.jpeg
On to a 185cd refresh - needs a good cleaning, fuel line, filter and carb kit.
B96FC072-1618-46AB-B23A-C41ECA39B539.jpeg
Also working on an Echo 280E - owner wants a carb rebuild, but we’ll see if it needs anything else after it gets cleaned up a bit.

Attachments

• 96456FB7-1399-4DEE-AD07-E60022D62DE5.jpeg
    96456FB7-1399-4DEE-AD07-E60022D62DE5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
A bit of progress on the stock Husky 350 tonight. Removed and replaced the "doubled up" fuel tank vents from previous jackleg that caused fuel leakage...installed vent cover filter as well... new oil pump drive pinion... new spur drum in the 7tooth-0.325 variety with new bearing... new case side plate... new bar cover plate... replaced missing screw in recoil spring housing... new chain catcher...

Removed stock looking muffler to inspect melted plastic near said muffler to only find out muff is gutted with stock outlet location and spark screen still installed! I need to grind down some of that melted plastic on chain brake side to install the heat deflector that I believe comes stock on the EPA version. Looks like muff bolts came loose at some time and hot muffler fell down and over to do the melting. Piston looking great on the outlet side of things.

Final assembly with new 18" bar and X-CUT chain hopefully tomorrow then stick it in some wood for a final tune.

Attachments

• Husky 350  #7.jpg
    Husky 350 #7.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Husky 350  #9.jpg
    Husky 350 #9.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 14
So... today was truck Sunday. All went pretty smooth but now I need to replace front brake hoses, (rust has chewed the banjo fittings way down), and the right front caliper too. Should always do them in pairs if you can swing the extra cash. Here I just have the left front because I broke the bleeder screw off like 5 yrs ago when I replaced the pads and rotors. Just now getting around to it.... gotta let things marinate under the healing bench.

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail (3).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (3).jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 12
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (4).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (4).jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 12
Removed muffler.. see light scoring. Ok.. not so bad... removed carb... oh s**t... cracked piston. Was a free saw so what the hell.. tear it down for fun anyways.
Holy O f**k boys what a pain!!! Rip rotating assembly out... crank seals a bit hard as tiny as they are...all bearings fine... rings free (a shocker)... little transfer on cylinder that should clean up... but the kicker is piston is NOT cracked! Looks to be maybe defect in the casting as it is "worn in" with the rest of the piston.

I have not decided if this is worth dumping money into yet....

Thoughts???

I have not decided if this is worth dumping money into yet....

Thoughts???
It's your rabbit hole, you have to decide how deep you want to go. But I'm guessing you already have your answer and just want us to confirm it. :laugh:

Back