What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what I smiled biggest over on this pick up.
;)

pioneercover.jpg

On today's episode, we have an Echo 355T. Good compression but runs like crap. Piston and ring look good through exhaust side of things. Gonna rip carb out and apart to give it a look. Fuel lines "feel" ok and filter "looks" clean. Famous last words right!!!

Needs a few other bits like bar and chain, possible clutch cover as this 1 has had heat damage to the point of making the plastic into a semi liquid form and a few other minor things I'm sure.

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 10
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 10
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (3).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (3).jpg
    308 KB · Views: 10
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (4).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (4).jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 10
Also, onto the Super Secret Project 350! Probably a next year build but getting some parts lined up now before any shortages may come my way. Gonna try out one of them Titanikel kits from Hyway with a pop up piston. Got a single hole ported muffler with no baffles, new crank bearings and seals and a few other bits & bobs on the way. Thinking a 20" B&C in .325 7 tooth.

Got all winter to think it all out.... and maybe even change a few more things!

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 15
    259.1 KB · Views: 16
    284.3 KB · Views: 15
I wish I had the problem some of you guys have I only have 2 saws a husqvarna 450 rancher with a 20 in bar and a craftsman saw with a 16 in bar (wifes) and both are ner new

I have a couple craftsman weedeaters I am going to try and fix it will be my first attempt at fixing a 2 stroke small motor
I am a far mechanic on older car motors

I am wanting to learn how to over haul small 2 stroke motors like
Weedeaters, chainsaws, etc and small 4 stroke motors and someday learn to do mods on them

Yeah... I dunno. Will see how it runs after the build next yr.......or sooner...LOL. Goodie box arrived today!!!

Attachments

200 KB · Views: 15
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (11).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (11).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 16
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (10).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (10).jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 15
Bench update.

Rebuilt a cheap Husky 141 I got with semi-froze crank bearings. Threw in a new Meteor piston I had on hand although the original didn't look horrible. Rebuild carb, new crank bearings with seals, new intake and impulse tubes, new fuel line and vent parts, new oil and fuel caps, new 14" bar and chain, new muffler. Gonna need a new or good used clutch cover cuz of heat damage by chain brake.

Ran half a tank of break in fuel tonight thru it. So far, runs like a Singer! LOL
I even may have it sold already so bonus!

Attachments

276.3 KB · Views: 12
    269.4 KB · Views: 12
Back