What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the Echo 355T update.

Got the carb kit in, all new rubber anti-vibes and new 14" bar and chain on deck. Still waiting on clutch parts, fuel line dust cover and various other parts.

This slow shipping is killing my saw buzz.... pun intended!

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail-1.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-1.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 11
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (3).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (3).jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 11
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (2).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (2).jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 11
Was the key cast into fw or steel removable?

I tore down a lil Husky 136 earlier this summer for a deep clean and various other things. FW has cast key. Put FW back on with 1/4" electric impact. Fueled and bar oil added to test run and tune. WTF... did I just see the chain spin in reverse???? Tried again and yup... trying to run backwards!

Tore off recoil, removed FW and SOB.... there was no key cast into this FW! Just a very faint line where it should be. I thought I had it sitting in the crank grove but when I hit the FW nut with the impact... it spun the FW out of time...LOL

Found the timing mark notch on the outside of FW and hand tightened it down this time. Alll was well again!

Was scratching head for a bit there cuz these little saws are almost idiot proof....... says this idiot...lol!

Was the key cast into fw or steel removable?

I tore down a lil Husky 136 earlier this summer for a deep clean and various other things. FW has cast key. Put FW back on with 1/4" electric impact. Fueled and bar oil added to test run and tune. WTF... did I just see the chain spin in reverse???? Tried again and yup... trying to run backwards!

Tore off recoil, removed FW and SOB.... there was no key cast into this FW! Just a very faint line where it should be. I thought I had it sitting in the crank grove but when I hit the FW nut with the impact... it spun the FW out of time...LOL

Found the timing mark notch on the outside of FW and hand tightened it down this time. Alll was well again!

Was scratching head for a bit there cuz these little saws are almost idiot proof....... says this idiot...lol!
Had a 372 build shear the cast flywheel key, drove me nuts trying to figure out why it wasn't running right.

For sure lostone! I have refurbe-ed many of these small series of saws for loaners and family/friends for very very light usage. Never a second thought 1 missing the key completely. Thought i got cursed by some voodoo magic from the saw gods!

The 570 is another Husqvarna saw with the cast in key. Tempting to put in some advance, but it's not my saw and the last thing I want is to hear complaints about timing kickback during starting. When it was running it seemed like it had plenty of torque to handle cutting with that 32" bar already, bit surprising as it's probably going to need a lot more time to break in properly.

Today, Homelite XL-102 Auto #2 showed up, and is donating a couple pieces to 102A #1. The guys of this new saw look fabulous though, so it will be set aside for now but put in rotation to be cleaned up and returned to service, and possibly resold. View attachment 938588
View attachment 938590
View attachment 938589
I have one of these however setup for a metal cut off saw. Is there an easy way to pull the flywheel so as to get to the points. Make your own puller?

I have one of these however setup for a metal cut off saw. Is there an easy way to pull the flywheel so as to get to the points. Make your own puller?
I just made my own, easy to make. All you need to do is find whatever size thread you need for the flywheel and use those bolts/screws and a couple of washers. Ya, it's not the prettiest but it does the job just as well as a factory made one, I also have the Husky made one but always grab this one first, for some reason I like it better.
They sell a small one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-0...635800620&sprefix=small+flyw,aps,162&sr=8-167

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_144603368[1].jpg
    IMG_20211101_144603368[1].jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 12
She left me. Then its been a few bat **** crazy red heads.

The head I finished porting deshrowding valves and blended tracks to valves. 40hours of work or more

Its the head for my 76 ford. 300 inline 6 thats hopefully about 250horse. Still deciding on valve size. 1.94 or 2.02 intakes.

Holly sniper fuel injection.

Tons more fun than saws but cost tons more to.

Ok... I braved the cold a bit today to finish a little 136 for a guy at work. Was gonna fill it with all the fluids and fire it to tune a bit but my fingers told me we were stopping. I think I heard Monday was gonna hit high 50s maybe so try again later.

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 12
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 13
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (4).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (4).jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 14
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail (3).jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail (3).jpg