What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy all you can find
I used to get builder's or running 2 series for 50.00
Usually 3-450.00 for a runner now.
I have several ported 266/268/272 saws
And they run neck and neck
With 24" bar's in hardwood.
View attachment 991331
I got this 97 low hour 268 off a guy in florida
He was selling it on o pe
Luckily my brother happened to live near him
And picked it up for me.
Because that guy eventually ripped off several members buying saws from him online.
Strangely he took far less money from my brother than I agreed to for it.
I had zoo city saws port a closed port 268 for it
I just haven't put it on yet.

Even used saw prices are nuts nowadays. I bought my 500i new for less money than the clowns are asking for used 500s on Craigslist or Fakebook marketplace. I guess people with them bad enough to buy a marked up used saw?

I picked up these 2 044s for free awhile back. The one with the bar was a runner, albeit tired. The other had been straight gassed. I rebuilt both w/ aftermarket big bore cylinders and ported both. The one w/the bar is a particularly good work saw. Gobs of torque and pulls a long bar better than a 76cc saw should.

Carpal tunnel issues means that I don't like running rubber AV Stihls for too long, so both are semi-retired. The one w/ the bar lives in the tool box of my truck with a 32" bar...not uncommon to have to cut big trees out of the road when it snows. The other, I plan on using to experiment with different porting theories...who knows, maybe build a hot saw out of it.
20220527_191219.jpg

Even used saw prices are nuts nowadays. I bought my 500i new for less money than the clowns are asking for used 500s on Craigslist or Fakebook marketplace. I guess people with them bad enough to buy a marked up used saw?

I picked up these 2 044s for free awhile back. The one with the bar was a runner, albeit tired. The other had been straight gassed. I rebuilt both w/ aftermarket big bore cylinders and ported both. The one w/the bar is a particularly good work saw. Gobs of torque and pulls a long bar better than a 76cc saw should.

Carpal tunnel issues means that I don't like running rubber AV Stihls for too long, so both are semi-retired. The one w/ the bar lives in the tool box of my truck with a 32" bar...not uncommon to have to cut big trees out of the road when it snows. The other, I plan on using to experiment with different porting theories...who knows, maybe build a hot saw out of it.
View attachment 991364
I refreshed this low hour 044 recently
For a friend just a stock rebuild.

New rings,carb kit,fuel line,dual port muffler etc
My 266 walked all over it
But it's no base gasket dual port muffler with a hyway popup.
I'm going to refresh a 046 for him soon.

Moving forward on some projects.....

Stihl concrete saw. I decided to cut and drill them air filter cover screws out. Got nothing to loose just trying to install new inserts or fill the holes and re-drill. Air filter is half plugged and soaked in fuel. NFG... Time to check compression and vac/pressure test.

1653792628460.png 1653792656550.png 1653792705682.png 1653792752977.png

I refreshed this low hour 044 recently
For a friend just a stock rebuild.

New rings,carb kit,fuel line,dual port muffler etc
My 266 walked all over it
But it's no base gasket dual port muffler with a hyway popup.
I'm going to refresh a 046 for him soon.
How do you like the versacut bar?

How do you like the versacut bar?
They are lighter than some of the so called "lightweight" bars I have
And a couple years ago
Somebody had them for 32.00 free ship for 24" d009
So I bought 4 or 5 can't remember but
I've never had an issue at all with them.
Other's say the tips wear out quick bore cutting
I wouldn't know I don't hardly bore cut
They said the same about tsumura
Bars
I have about 30 of them some from the 80s
Never had a bad one great bar's.

Są lżejsze niż niektóre tak zwane „lekkie” batony, które mam
A kilka lat temu
Ktoś miał je za 32,00 za darmo statek za 24" d009
Więc kupiłem 4 lub 5, nie pamiętam, ale
Nigdy nie miałem z nimi żadnego problemu.
Inni mówią, że końcówki zużywają się podczas szybkiego cięcia otworu
Nie wiedziałbym, że prawie nie nudzę cięcia
To samo powiedzieli o tsumura
Słupy
Mam ich około 30 niektóre z lat 80-tych
Nigdy nie miałem złego jednego świetnego baru.
They wear out too quickly when someone stretches the chain too much or does not pour oil into the chain

Latest posts

Back