What's the Dope on 372 52mm setups??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Only 5 people in the world can build a saw. I really thought there were more than that. So all the other guys don't count? You guys are it? The ego in this room defies belief! Any wonder this section is dead as a door nail.
The other 3 I mentioned are the only ones I'm familiar with on here. I'm sure there are a couple more on AS. And several more not on this forum.
Not really certain how any of us who offered to help are "supremists" or "testosterone driven". We offered help when asked, based on our own findings.

Any vids of that 372 with 200° of exhaust duration? Curious how it was done since you'll grind through the top of the exhaust flange at around 176° if the cylinder has been lowered.

The other 3 I mentioned are the only ones I'm familiar with on here. I'm sure there are a couple more on AS. And several more not on this forum.
Not really certain how any of us who offered to help are "supremists" or "testosterone driven". We offered help when asked, based on our own findings.

Any vids of that 372 with 200° of exhaust duration? Curious how it was done since you'll grind through the top of the exhaust flange at around 176° if the cylinder has been lowered.

It's 180 and I have never ground through the top at 176 on a Meteor or That other Chiness crap on the 372 after decking them. Obviously you grind that high too. Yet advise everyone else 160. Why? You know 180 hauls arss. Every guy I have ever spoken to in person uses 180 as a bench mark. It is easily keeping up with anything else I saw on YT. I'd never run 160 it would be a dog. My 346 XP is 184 and that did go through the top after decking. No Problem just fixed it and carried on. That saw is off the hook, an absolute weapon on 3/8 and 20" bar. I'm seriously considering going to 184 on the 372.
If you want to stuff around with stock porting you go for it. It's not my style. A stock 372 is higher than 160.

Come on huskihl you can pull the wool over a new guy but when someone has all ready run a saw with 180 and proved it woks well you are dead in the water. It pulls harder with far more torque at 180 than it did with stock porting by a long way. Not a little bit, miles! I knew strait away what you were up to with your 20 degrees blow down an all. Just be honest and tell it like it is. Further to that a saw at 180 has a pretty distinct sound. When you watch YT vids and listen you can hear clear as day who is running about those numbers and it seems about 50/50. I've got the screaming saw I wanted now I want the SAME saw to generate torque. Maybe you guys don't know how to do that, fine I'll work on that myself. From what I can see Hotsaws 101 has sorted it out so I believe it can be done. My 346xp would level peg his I'm sure of it. Maybe that's my answer right there.

I realized several days ago I was not going to find my answers here so this is no loss to me I could careless.

It's 180 and I have never ground through the top at 176 on a Meteor or That other Chiness crap on the 372 after decking them. Obviously you grind that high too. Yet advise everyone else 160. Why? You know 180 hauls arss. Every guy I have ever spoken to in person uses 180 as a bench mark. It is easily keeping up with anything else I saw on YT. I'd never run 160 it would be a dog. My 346 XP is 184 and that did go through the top after decking. No Problem just fixed it and carried on. That saw is off the hook, an absolute weapon on 3/8 and 20" bar. I'm seriously considering going to 184 on the 372.
If you want to stuff around with stock porting you go for it. It's not my style. A stock 372 is higher than 160.

Come on huskihl you can pull the wool over a new guy but when someone has all ready run a saw with 180 and proved it woks well you are dead in the water. It pulls harder with far more torque at 180 than it did with stock porting by a long way. Not a little bit, miles! I knew strait away what you were up to with your 20 degrees blow down an all. Just be honest and tell it like it is. Further to that a saw at 180 has a pretty distinct sound. When you watch YT vids and listen you can hear clear as day who is running about those numbers and it seems about 50/50. I've got the screaming saw I wanted now I want the SAME saw to generate torque. Maybe you guys don't know how to do that, fine I'll work on that myself. From what I can see Hotsaws 101 has sorted it out so I believe it can be done. My 346xp would level peg his I'm sure of it. Maybe that's my answer right there.

I realized several days ago I was not going to find my answers here so this is no loss to me I could careless.
I've never built one that high. I took a junk cylinder and started raising it until I ground through so I knew how far I could go. Most of the saws I port are for firewood.

Good... Now we are getting somewhere...

All of you that are too far in the dark to understand some very important concepts being brought to light about tuning specific differences in piped and mufflered engines.... Don't need to bother reading anything I take the time to share.... It's a waste of your time , and mine...

It's also funny to have so many experts that aren't saying anything about pipe/ muffler styles and exhaust or transfer duration... Likewise crankcase compression and velocity driven case charging... And boundary layer port friction...

But... I'm going to ignore the guys who drive around with the rubber testicles hanging off their trailer hitches... And still bring up topics and tuning physics for the one or two that desire to learn and share...

Even though a work saw isn't going to have a real pipe on it.... There is still a lot of wave tuning that can be taken advantage of... There is an excellent reference book ... The exact name escapes me... But I believe it's : "The scientific design of intake and exhaust systems"

Recommended reading... None of it deals with 2 stroke pipe design... And that's just fine for a work saw... The wave tuning is applicable to a non piped 2 stroke...

And to be fair guys.... I came in just to start up some conversation and find guys who like using saws too... and have a bit of fun modding my saws.... Plus I was hoping it would be a quick way to find out the components that interchange for performance... And the junk aftermarket parts to avoid...

The references to partially informed newbs ... The insolence of bothering the saw elite... The condesention was started by site members.... Not me...

I have over 40 years of performance building under my belt... I don't have to take snotty ass condesention attitudes and be quiet about it... And I won't....

Im not looking to steal secrets or souls... Or take any porting work away from anyone... And I don't want porting specs either... That's the fun for me... Unlocking the puzzle of what I want an engine to be... Just looking to avoid mistakes on junk components...

Here's the game....

An engine is a single dynamic and harmonic system... There is not one big secret ... There are tons of little nuances... You could have a pro football team on one side of the tug of war contest... All superstars in their own right... But they will lose if they aren't all pulling AT THE SAME TIME...while the cheerleaders pulling against them are... That's the game...

All of you that are too far in the dark to understand some very important concepts being brought to light about tuning specific differences in piped and mufflered engines.... Don't need to bother reading anything I take the time to share.... It's a waste of your time , and mine...

It's also funny to have so many experts that aren't saying anything about pipe/ muffler styles and exhaust or transfer duration... Likewise crankcase compression and velocity driven case charging... And boundary layer port friction...

But... I'm going to ignore the guys who drive around with the rubber testicles hanging off their trailer hitches... And still bring up topics and tuning physics for the one or two that desire to learn and share...

Even though a work saw isn't going to have a real pipe on it.... There is still a lot of wave tuning that can be taken advantage of... There is an excellent reference book ... The exact name escapes me... But I believe it's : "The scientific design of intake and exhaust systems"

Recommended reading... None of it deals with 2 stroke pipe design... And that's just fine for a work saw... The wave tuning is applicable to a non piped 2 stroke...

And to be fair guys.... I came in just to start up some conversation and find guys who like using saws too... and have a bit of fun modding my saws.... Plus I was hoping it would be a quick way to find out the components that interchange for performance... And the junk aftermarket parts to avoid...

The references to partially informed newbs ... The insolence of bothering the saw elite... The condesention was started by site members.... Not me...

I have over 40 years of performance building under my belt... I don't have to take snotty ass condesention attitudes and be quiet about it... And I won't....

Im not looking to steal secrets or souls... Or take any porting work away from anyone... And I don't want porting specs either... That's the fun for me... Unlocking the puzzle of what I want an engine to be... Just looking to avoid mistakes on junk components...

Here's the game....

An engine is a single dynamic and harmonic system... There is not one big secret ... There are tons of little nuances... You could have a pro football team on one side of the tug of war contest... All superstars in their own right... But they will lose if they aren't all pulling AT THE SAME TIME...while the cheerleaders pulling against them are... That's the game...
TLDR

Here's the game....

Yeppers ! Finally someone who knows WTF they are talking about ! I woodnt waste my time with these “know-it-alls” especially the genius from Ohio who thinks the laws of physics don’t apply to him lol ! It wood take years to re-educate some of these tards , if in fact it were even possible at all !

work saws don't have pipes? oh crap, i'll try to do better at listening to you pro's

Should have the hot - wood port 660 built by the weekend ..... pipe should be done March ... By the way nice saw - how long can ya cut before it vibrates off the Saw ? Wow you exhibited almost “cat-like” reflexes at the 4:00 mark !!!

you don't make your own pipes there flabzy?
Same reason I don’t build my own wood stoves ! Besides JS Bertrand is FAR above my pay grade when it comes to pipes ... Put that in your pipe and smoke it Crabby ! And don’t forget to check your nuts ...... holding the pipe on

Latest posts

Back