Whats your set up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeWannabe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
mine after 18 yrs so far bashlin aluminum wt buckingham velcro lower sraps opal or caddy aluminum cast upper pads new tribe pro 2 saddle 12ft wire core yale lanyard wt petzl micro acdr atached wt 1/2 twist clevice poison ivy calimine rope wt samson blue streak tag T540 limbing saw ms361 chunking saw rock exotica 2in 360 spin micro pulley not alot of fancy **** 75% of the work I do is tight quarters tree removal thats what makes it happen 4 me whats your go to set up no answer is right or wrong so if your a hero in your own mind stay there;)

Geckos. Sequoia srt. Currently climbing on cherry bomb 1/2". Zigzag (newest version, supposed to be more crack resistant) 200t but thinking about a t540? 562xp w/24" bar for rigging big blocks. Also a 12' wire core and a 20' CE style homemade lanyard. Most importantly, a protos helmet.

Climbing double rope with a ZZ on 11.7mm Yale Blue Moon, Arrowfrog, etc) DMM oval biners.
Sierra Moreno saddle, 11.7mm lanyard with Grillon adjuster.
Klein Spurs with aluminum caddy pads. Vertex helmet, 200T. Corona handsaw.
Omni block for light stuff, X rings and 5/8 DMM Impact block.

mine after 18 yrs so far bashlin aluminum wt buckingham velcro lower sraps opal or caddy aluminum cast upper pads new tribe pro 2 saddle 12ft wire core yale lanyard wt petzl micro acdr atached wt 1/2 twist clevice poison ivy calimine rope wt samson blue streak tag T540 limbing saw ms361 chunking saw rock exotica 2in 360 spin micro pulley not alot of fancy **** 75% of the work I do is tight quarters tree removal thats what makes it happen 4 me whats your go to set up no answer is right or wrong so if your a hero in your own mind stay there;)

If u like new tribe you should definitely try the Onyx.

My harness only comes out when there's no access. My most productive setup to date is my 60ft wh Altec!

Carolina loggers with buckingham spikes, big pads, of course. Tree motion saddle on SRT. Saw I climb with is a 201, 200, 261, or 441c-m.

Sequoia srt saddle, imori, ART rope guide, ART postioner/petzl grillon lanyard, dmm hitch climber w e2e, amd crabs, buckingham steels with big buck pads, yale wirecore 10', meindl airstream chainsaw boots, pfanner pants, bamboo socks :) so comfy! Vertex vent lid, radarlock polaroids (Oz is bloody sunny), 150t, 200t and bigger

d1b0a682503743dfa94c538222845539.jpg

A $500 Ergovation that I modified, bashlins w/cottonwood gaffes, a VT climbing prusik, an aggressive silky tiger pony saw, buckstrap, 75 ft. Lava climbing line w/spliced eye I've a 120 ft. But 98% of the time 75 is fine, ms200T w/16" bar and stihl hard hat.

I have the same saddle and spikes that I've had for my entire career. I don't mean the same type. I mean the same saddle and spikes. Buckingham spikes and a wide back (we used to call them high backs) "suicide saddle". Don't ask me why some people called it a suicide saddle because I've never come close to slipping out of mine. It's just the gear I'm used to and I can use any of the newer climbing tools with what I already have. I think the newer saddles are great but I wouldn't even use them the way most guys do. I just want my saddle that I could damn near sleep in because I'm so used to it.

Ergovation, aluminum geckos, new england 1/2", hitch climber, 10' piece of rope with grab, 18' line with hitch climber, and a couple loop runners. That's what goes with me pretty much everytime.

Notch sentry (Floating D), 40ft velocity long lanyard (hitchclimber pulley and tight eye), 200ft scion climb line (Hitchclimber and homemade rope wrench), 15ft yale 11.7 "Confetti" lanyard, 15ft bluestreak 2 in 1, buckingham pole spurs with the L pads (Gonna upgrade soon to caddy pads) and a buckstrap that I dont really use

sorry for bumping a 5 year old thread, just figured someone may take some info from my setup

also, that velocity lanyard is a killer setup, tight eye, HRC tied in a 6 wrap distel, and a hitchclimber pulley, I daisy chain it in two sections on my saddle, dont even really notice its there unless im in a terrible tree with stuff snagging the coils

Treemotion, blue moon, For SRT I use zigzag with chicane. Use an ART device on my landyard. Gecko and Eldered talon spurs for removals, I have the fancy pants foot ascender for them. Often still climb blakes hitch split tail on removals.

But MOST of the time I'm in an f150 doing estimates.

I have the same saddle and spikes that I've had for my entire career. I don't mean the same type. I mean the same saddle and spikes. Buckingham spikes and a wide back (we used to call them high backs) "suicide saddle". Don't ask me why some people called it a suicide saddle because I've never come close to slipping out of mine. It's just the gear I'm used to and I can use any of the newer climbing tools with what I already have. I think the newer saddles are great but I wouldn't even use them the way most guys do. I just want my saddle that I could damn near sleep in because I'm so used to it.
I have an old school "suicide" saddle just because it was cheap when I first started. I modified it and put a tree bridge on it myself, that was the only thing I did. I reall ylike my old school saddle, although it would be nice if it wasn't so dang heavy. However the amount of stuff I am carrying has a lot more to do with that than the saddle itself.

Brand new climber here in PNW. Treemotion Evo, Rope Runner Pro, 10’ rope logic wire core flip line, CT foot ascender/HAAS, Kask Super Plasma/visor/Tuff Talk Lite ears, Silky Sugoi 360, Husq T540i XP 14”. Learning everyday and becoming more comfortable in the canopy.

Latest posts

Back