Where do you buy your plants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anyone that uses bareroot plants. Plants in trays went through the roof this year. A 72 count tray of peppers is $18-20. I ordered 12 trays.
I plant bare root tomatoes. I get a bundle of 20 for about $3. Used to be 25 in the bundle. Inflation! I’m fortunate that we have a bunch of sources locally.

Well for all those who could not grasp the concept of bare root plants here you go. These were pulled in Georgia on Tuesday and got here Thursday

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    529.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    679.6 KB · Views: 0
Revolution peppers Bill?
Yes they are Revolution. I have zero experience with them. I have always just grown the standard green bell such as a Keystone. Many years ago when we were growing tomatoes and pickles for Heinz we also grew peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers for the grocery stores. We used the same plant company these came from. Well one year Evans Plants made a boo-boo on the peppers and sent us a bunch of "hot" peppers. Since we were still growing for Heinz we had Mexican migrant workers to pick tomatoes and those hot peppers were just a bonus for them.

well, I went to look over the garden yesterday and got a big surprise. Taters up waist high, ground cracking under the plants and it looked like a orange bloom of tater bugs. Quick trip to the farm store and a jug of spinosad later and taterbugs had a bad day. I was lucky in a way, very little damage done, those bugs can strip a tater vine in about a day.

Back