Where do you buy your plants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there will be no planting of "taters" or anything else here. This picture is from today at 130 M. The dusting of snow from last night is melting off a bit in the sun but it is 27 and windy. Tonight it will be down to 15 and Saturday night 18. The 10 day forecast is for highs to get to 50 late next week.

View attachment 1067062
Yesterday we were in t-shirts, today was rainy in the morning and progressed into "Hoodie" weather with occasional sprinkles. Don't know what the temp is right now, but warm enough to run outside for a decent while in a tee shirt if your busy working.

Send it west, I hear they like snow and need the water.....
That is funny. Many years ago my buddy's Dad was a engineer with the USCEC. He was a smart man but not so when it came to weather. He would argue that our weather came from the east. He was a not a joking man so he actually thought that.

Yesterday we were in t-shirts, today was rainy in the morning and progressed into "Hoodie" weather with occasional sprinkles. Don't know what the temp is right now, but warm enough to run outside for a decent while in a tee shirt if your busy working.
same here! was just outside. been dry, crisp n nippy all day today. windy, too. night air has a subtle bite to it... was out in T, shorts and thongs. a Texas thing u know....
1679115056938.png

That is funny. Many years ago my buddy's Dad was a engineer with the USCEC. He was a smart man but not so when it came to weather. He would argue that out weather came from the east. He was a not a joking man so he actually thought that.
well, i hear that weather balloons do!! ~

well, i hear that weather balloons do!! ~
That is good. I wish ole Monte was still around. He was a smart engineer but a staunch liberal. We had many good "spirited" conversations. I wonder what he would have thought of the balloons.

The wind is howling now and the wood boiler is cooking. It is 19F now.

That is good. I wish ole Monte was still around. He was a smart engineer but a staunch liberal. We had many good "spirited" conversations. I wonder what he would have thought of the balloons.

The wind is howling now and the wood boiler is cooking. It is 19F now.
WOW! i best be shutting up complaining about cold 53f night air! lol ;) 45f yesterday morning up along the county line...

everyone... plus me, now!

:drinkingcoffee:
Well our elders know/knew a lot. I am betting many of us grew up thinking we were smarter but we realized the elders were right. All joking aside Texas is a different climate so you fine folks have a bit different planting season. I would really love to visit east Texas. That looks like some of the best land in the fine USA.

Well our elders know/knew a lot. I am betting many of us grew up thinking we were smarter but we realized the elders were right. All joking aside Texas is a different climate so you fine folks have a bit different planting season. I would really love to visit east Texas. That looks like some of the best land in the fine USA.
hi BG

plural! we have 2!! growing seasons... spring/summer and Fall. tomatoes do well in both. spuds are fall crop. reds do best. Lasodas....

1679142469555.png

The gosh darn wind is the chilly thing. I see some were talking about planting taters a few days ago,,.......heck it is not Good Friday yet!! That is not until April 7th, Everyone knows taters do not go in the ground until Good Friday.
My daddyinlaw used to say the best time to plant taters is when the ground is ready. My dad once planted taters right at Christmas, and had a bumper crop. Last few years, I have sort of been following the signs and moon phases and that seems to work too. Just for info for those that dont know, Easter and Good Friday are based on moon phases and planet alingment and is why Easter falls on different days and even different months each year. https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/determining-easter-date.html

Back