Where is all the 15w-40 motor oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find T5 15w-40 Rotella at any of the local places. I ended up getting some Delvac 15w-40 for the diesel. I like the T5 Rotella for the truck as well as my motorcycles. The T5 is actually a very good oil for wet clutch transmissions on dirtbikes and doesn't break down with heat like the T6 5w-40 does. I used the last of it on the gearbox of my 2 stroke, we'll see if I can find some more in the next 15 hours of riding time lol.

I can't find T5 15w-40 Rotella at any of the local places. I ended up getting some Delvac 15w-40 for the diesel. I like the T5 Rotella for the truck as well as my motorcycles. The T5 is actually a very good oil for wet clutch transmissions on dirtbikes and doesn't break down with heat like the T6 5w-40 does. I used the last of it on the gearbox of my 2 stroke, we'll see if I can find some more in the next 15 hours of riding time lol.
That delvac will work good for your bike too, mine has 65 thousand miles on it. all it's ever had was delvac.

Thank you Brett,

The simple fact is I like most others support and defend those folks they believe in BASED ON INDIVIDUAL items and criticize those items that those folks support that they do not personally support.. It is zero secret that I am a hardline conservative BUT that does not mean I do not believe in and support SOME of the other parties ideas. I guess I feel I am open-minded but align the most with one party. In ZERO WAY does that mean I support, condone or approve of ALL things they do. If we are talking about President Trump there is little to defend his completely ridiculous comments regarding ingesting bleach in regards to regards to COVID.

Now does anyone think we are in a better place than we were 4 years ago?????????????????????????
Trump did not say anything about ingesting bleach.
https://www.wral.com/did-trump-recommend-drinking-bleach/19186919/

1. You apparently did not read what I wrote.
2. You did not even listen to the entire press conference.
3. You apparently did not even watch the press conference and see watch the facial reactions from Dr Birx.
You posted a link to a highly slanted site that took a took a sound bite from President Trump and Vice President Joe Biden and used it to try to back up a point. If you had actually done #1 and read what I wrote you would have seen that I am a HIGHLY conservative, Republican leaning man. I despise the liberal media for their complete mis-reporting of facts and sound bites. With that being said I have the same disdain for the hard line right wing media that has chosen to do no better and join the liberals down in the gutter of twists and sound bites.

Now back to the topic, What is diesel in your area???

1. You apparently did not read what I wrote.
2. You did not even listen to the entire press conference.
3. You apparently did not even watch the press conference and see watch the facial reactions from Dr Birx.
You posted a link to a highly slanted site that took a took a sound bite from President Trump and Vice President Joe Biden and used it to try to back up a point. If you had actually done #1 and read what I wrote you would have seen that I am a HIGHLY conservative, Republican leaning man. I despise the liberal media for their complete mis-reporting of facts and sound bites. With that being said I have the same disdain for the hard line right wing media that has chosen to do no better and join the liberals down in the gutter of twists and sound bites.

Now back to the topic, What is diesel in your area???
As if anything biden says is legit :rolleyes:

Good question....I have had a lot of oil burners and LEAKERS that needed a quart or two at a time but I cannot say I ever bought 15W40 in a quart bottle
Yep…I just fill a 2 gallon transfer bottle from the drum. Quart bottles will be the last of the available oil because the markup makes them too expensive for normal use, but even those will disappear.

Though most consumers shake their heads at the cost of gasoline and complain about the cost of filling up their car tanks, what they really should be worried about is the price of diesel. The U.S. economy runs on diesel. It’s what powers the container ships that bring goods from Asia and the trucks that collect goods from the ports and bring them to warehouses and then to your home. The farmers who grow the food you eat put diesel in their tractors to plow the fields, and the workers that bring construction equipment to build your home put diesel in their trucks.

Though most consumers shake their heads at the cost of gasoline and complain about the cost of filling up their car tanks, what they really should be worried about is the price of diesel. The U.S. economy runs on diesel. It’s what powers the container ships that bring goods from Asia and the trucks that collect goods from the ports and bring them to warehouses and then to your home. The farmers who grow the food you eat put diesel in their tractors to plow the fields, and the workers that bring construction equipment to build your home put diesel in their trucks.
Huh, first time poster and his/her entire post is a direct copy and paste of a paragraph from a Time magazine article. https://time.com/6182262/diesel-shortage-inflation/

You guys do realize there are a lot of good diesel engine oils out there? I'm a big fan of Rotella t6 myself, but the last oil I got was delvac full synthetic. We're not running out of oil. It's well known shell is having issues.
Def is another issue, and a worrisome issue that even the epa has acknowledged.

You guys do realize there are a lot of good diesel engine oils out there? I'm a big fan of Rotella t6 myself, but the last oil I got was delvac full synthetic. We're not running out of oil. It's well known shell is having issues.
Def is another issue, and a worrisome issue that even the epa has acknowledged.
No one said we are running out of oil…we are running out of the additive package used to make 15w-40 motor oil And thus 15w-40 motor oil is becoming difficult to find.

I do not think it is isolated just to Shell. Is it a "inflated/created" issue I do not know but appears to be affecting all brands not just Shell

Container ships do not run on diesel, they run off a more oil and tar based fuel thats closer to raw crude. They also make up the vast majority of emissions generated by the internal combustion engine by more than double that of every on road vehicle in the world combined. Sadly that entire sector is completely ignored for their emissions with almost 0 regulations. Between container ships and jets they make up almost 90% of the total "carbon footprint" of engine emissions globally.

I do not think it is isolated just to Shell. Is it a "inflated/created" issue I do not know but appears to be affecting all brands not just Shell
I believe there are only two manufacturers of the additive package for 15w-40, Chevron is one and they say they won’t be able to make more until sometime Q12023…..

Latest posts

Back