Where is all the 15w-40 motor oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Container ships do not run on diesel, they run off a more oil and tar based fuel thats closer to raw crude. They also make up the vast majority of emissions generated by the internal combustion engine by more than double that of every on road vehicle in the world combined. Sadly that entire sector is completely ignored for their emissions with almost 0 regulations. Between container ships and jets they make up almost 90% of the total "carbon footprint" of engine emissions globally.
Shipping can only use bunker oil in international,waters…they must switch to regulated diesel outside of those waters…it’s a regulatory nightmare….

Shipping can only use bunker oil in international,waters…they must switch to regulated diesel outside of those waters…it’s a regulatory nightmare….
Ship engines can operate off a few different types of fuel, they use bunker oil because its the cheapest fuel they can find not because it is required. It is also the most polluting form of fossil fuel known to man and is not regulated in international waters.

Our Wallyworld has Supertec, Delvac and others including Rotella 15-40 but no 5 or 10 -30 to use in our older Camrys pre 2012 cars. No 0, 5 or 10 wt anything this past month.
Quakerstate cheapo was the only 10 - 30 around so I passed on everything but the 15-40 in 2.5 gallons.
Next time, maybe

2.5 and 5 gallon pails were available in truck oil only.

We are having a problem finding rotella t also .we are in newyork state .Also DEF is non existent as well.The prices of the gas and diesel are not helping things either.

Ship engines can operate off a few different types of fuel, they use bunker oil because its the cheapest fuel they can find not because it is required. It is also the most polluting form of fossil fuel known to man and is not regulated in international waters.
Yep, like I said…

as for the most polluting form of energy, not by a long shot…

In April 2022 at Walmart in Red Bluff california I tried to return a 10-30 dino oil that I didn't think that I could use. Took over an hour and there is NO MORE code for that product in the Walmart database. This issue was WELL LOOKED AT. The dept manager speculated that all dino oil was fazed out - that only synthetics will be available at Walmart in the future. Of course I am not qualified to be relaying this (speaking for Walmart) but that moment happened.
Saw it happening here in the past week/month and wondered why the shelf labels disappeared.

Just another bait and switch program to up pricing is how I'm seeing it.

We need smaller molecules in older designs to increase oil leaks.

Container ships do not run on diesel, they run off a more oil and tar based fuel thats closer to raw crude. They also make up the vast majority of emissions generated by the internal combustion engine by more than double that of every on road vehicle in the world combined. Sadly that entire sector is completely ignored for their emissions with almost 0 regulations. Between container ships and jets they make up almost 90% of the total "carbon footprint" of engine emissions globally.
Probably #6 heavy bunker oil. Thick, stinky stuff ... at least before the stacks had $1M worth of scrubbers mandated inside them ...

Probably #6 heavy bunker oil. Thick, stinky stuff ... at least before the stacks had $1M worth of scrubbers mandated inside them ...
And the tanks have heaters inside them to heat it before being fed into the engine, you don't want to clean a tank out when it's cold, thick gloopy stuff.

I went to TSC and they only had 5 cartridges of grease on the shelf, real cheap$#!t and real expensive
I bought several cases red n tacky when I started the grease thread a few months ago…Lucas Blue high pressure no longer exists out there…

I don’t think the government is going to stop any time soon….

With everything going on and the nation in full decline, all the dumbocrats ir worried about is Jan, 6th.

No, they still want to kill babies and confiscate Americans firearms.

It's all a distraction from what Mr Potato head is doing/allowing to happen behind the scenes.......

How's the price of gas? People already forgot about that?

FJB!!!

Latest posts

Back