Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other news, this happened:

173223545.c5e2225f.JPEG

Wish I knew someone working in the aussie post could tell me how many parcels they get every year that were meant for Austria.

Yeah, I know a guy out there mostly grows weed and shouts at people to get off his lawn. Is that a job there?
I'm terrible on weed, tho. I'd forget the shouting part.
nah, he works for the county roads, but he has an S load of contacts in the local logging community. $$ says alllllllllll of the mills are hiring. but they are a hike from quilcene

At this point it's fairly certain I am headed for the Gurteen Estate in Waterford I worked before. The good news is plenty of timber. The bad news is I am not in my 40's any more. So we'll have to see how I get on. I contacted a Dolmar guy I know in the UK already about a 7900. He has good prices for me since I've ported a few of his saws. The 7900 seems like a good 70cc-sized sized saw that I can port to pull a long enough bar in the bigger trees.
My usual wholesale source for bars is out of all lightweight bars until March, though. All he has are Cannon lightweights. And they are over 200 euro my cost.
Do Dolmars run OK with an adapter?

nah, he works for the county roads, but he has an S load of contacts in the local logging community. $$ says alllllllllll of the mills are hiring. but they are a hike from quilcene
Working in a mill doesn't sound too bad. I mean, it sounds like a job an old guy can do. I got some savings, so a bad paying job would work at least for a while if I could find a place to be.

Working in a mill doesn't sound too bad. I mean, it sounds like a job an old guy can do. I got some savings, so a bad paying job would work at least for a while if I could find a place to be.
all of the mills in my area are hiring for all positions, Hampton D town even has multiple bill boards up... problem is that rent in insane and getting worse.

So the good news is the bro says he'll get me a new saw for Christmas for the new/old job. The bad news is good luck finding a saw in Ireland...
I am asking Andrew AKA AJsaxensaws who deals them in the UK for what he might have in a 7900.

So, I am gonna be up in Bray for a while longer now. I had a heart attack on Monday. Oddly they said my cholesterol nmbers were fine, and that it was likely dislodged plaque, but they aren't sure.
I was walking to meet a friend over up in Dublin when it hit, Just excruciating tightness and burning in the chest. I was barely able to stand long enough to make it to the nearby church and was just able to send a msg to my wife I was suffering, She called the Ambulance and they arrived within moments as they were actually in the area. They saved my life, I was in full cardiac arrest when they arrived. I do recall some folks inside the church hurredly leaving when I arrived. Woulda been nice had they helped me instead.. Ah well.
So they took me to St James up in Dub and installed two stents. I am now recuperating at St Vincents in south DUblin, I'll add photos in a bit here when I can. I feel OK now. But I have to admit I was ignoring some of the warning signs the past few weeks. I dismissed it was bad allergic reactions :(

OK, so if I gotta go to the bathroom for whatver reason, I need to bring this device with me. It goes *beep* *boop* the entire time, which echoes all throughout the bathroom and doesn't put any pressure at all on you to poop or anything:

173250689.3GiEnoTy.20221221_134818.jpg

The heart meds work amazingly well:

173250690.d5CxaNUd.20221220_200047.jpg

Heart food not great. Still, I like brussel sprouts. It was, by far, the most flavourful thing on this plate. They claimed the Salmkn was poached, but it really was steamed to within an inch of it.

173250692.wlqBcegD.20221220_120947.jpg

Mystery soup as well.
#Two stents thru two holez:

173250693.4ICGIKP7.20221219_193632.jpg

And they are preparing me for a bypass...

173250688.2dmGZb2Z.20221221_152512.jpg

You look absolutely thrilled with your device in the first pic. Here's hoping for a fast turnaround. I remember when my mom went through that and it was pretty scary and of course now I'm of an age where BP meds are a daily so hell man I guess let's all do what we gotta to hang in there.

Thanks for asking. I am doing better. I also uploaded a couple of videos to share my wonderfully pleasant experience as a patient in St Vincent's hospital in Dublin. I highly suggest you have private insurance if you live in Ireland. The doctors I met were often very young since it was a university hospital, and their bed side manner were woeful.

This guy next to me was making these noises for two nights before they moved him to intensive care:

This poor guy talks in tongues nearly every moment he is awake due to having at least two strokes recently.
Since his blood pressure and heart rate are elevated, his alarm sounds 24/7 as well:

I did not catch much sleep, nor did I have much cause to lower my blood pressure either...

Sorry to be so morose. I do need to thank a few of the doctors at the hospital for the stents, and of course the ambulance men who ultimately saved my life. I truly can not complain. I just wanted to show how my hospital time was a bit rough. But hey, I was better off then those two examples, right?
I trust everyone had a lovely CHristmas time? I am looking forwards to being healthy enough to go back to saw work myself.
Happy new years, folks!

Latest posts

Back