Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'd sell like hot cakes if they looked like the original.
I took this photo when I was visiting relatives in Huntington Beach, CA:

171411086.XEgUVfCl.DSC_0319.JPG

So is it a testament to the American dream when someone who identifies as 'Mexican American' feels entitled enough to be racist against Indians(I dunno if they are Indian Americans)? If you like, you can find much of the encounter on video from WFAA in your feed after you watch this snippet:

Amazing how tribal we can be.

So is it a testament to the American dream when someone who identifies as 'Mexican American' feels entitled enough to be racist against Indians(I dunno if they are Indian Americans)? If you like, you can find much of the encounter on video from WFAA in your feed after you watch this snippet:

Amazing how tribal we can be.

murica... aint ye proud...

murica... aint ye proud...

I have actually experienced the 'reverse' of this. I was in the Netherlands and a police officer was giving out to me for being an American.
Well, he was giving out to me for something different at the start, but it eventually progressed to racism. Or, I guess, jingoism/nationalist? in this case. In Europe, any form of discrimination is usually referred to as racism even if it is nationalism or jingoism etc. Because who wants to say 'nationalist based discrimination' every time, I guess.
In any case, humans are super good at being racist. Go figure. But this woman is super, super good with just a few drinks in her. I wonder how long that outburst had been simmering inside her. I also wonder how much of it is simply redirected racism she herself had experienced. It can be an ugly cycle, I bet.
I also wonder if, like me in the example above, those Indians were simply visiting. So, you go to America, have a conversation in a parking lot, and someone who identifies as Mexican and American attacks you for not being American enough. Well, now we know why it's a story. That's some crazy shizzle right there.

I have actually experienced the 'reverse' of this. I was in the Netherlands and a police officer was giving out to me for being an American.
Well, he was giving out to me for something different at the start, but it eventually progressed to racism. Or, I guess, jingoism/nationalist? in this case. In Europe, any form of discrimination is usually referred to as racism even if it is nationalism or jingoism etc. Because who wants to say 'nationalist based discrimination' every time, I guess.
In any case, humans are super good at being racist. Go figure. But this woman is super, super good with just a few drinks in her. I wonder how long that outburst had been simmering inside her. I also wonder how much of it is simply redirected racism she herself had experienced. It can be an ugly cycle, I bet.
I also wonder if, like me in the example above, those Indians were simply visiting. So, you go to America, have a conversation in a parking lot, and someone who identifies as Mexican and American attacks you for not being American enough. Well, now we know why it's a story. That's some crazy shizzle right there.
the step Drunk was 1/3? Cherokee, reallllly wanted to join the KKK until my mah pointe out that everyone in the family has native in them... The KKK politely left the house after that though, didn't stop em from burning down the brown families house in town, but at least I can say I had nothing to do with it.

People wonder how I broke my nose in tennis. It's easy, really. All us great champions run the risk. Only I was just a bit sexier doing it than this amateur, and I was on a slightly bouncy surface like synthetic grass:

Back