Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So from 165 on this 394xp to nearly 180 before break-in. Not any fun compression testing these things.
It's missing 3 fins, so we'll see how she gets on. It's never really too hot here, tho.

173206026.a5e3d2d2.JPEG

So a farmer left me that 365xt you see up there. He claimed it was 'down on power'. So, I was thinking, air filter, piston/rings, carbon, plug, etc etc.
I open her up and found the flywheel chocked full of saw dust. After some mining, this literally fell out:

173209633.1f0abf59.JPEG

The only thing keeping her running was solidified saw dust. The flywheel showed a few marks, as you might guess.
How she was even running is amazing. So, yeah, she was prolly a bit 'down on power'.

Here she is with a timing advance and a couple holes in da mufflerz:

It is just amazing to me how little care people take of their small engine equipment here in Ireland considering the costs.
But, I guess it is the cost of servicing that keeps them away from the dealers.
And in any case, this guy is an actual farmer working all day every day, so it's tough to judge him there. His hands were twice the size of mine and covered in callouses. You should hear his accent.

It is just amazing to me how little care people take of their small engine equipment here in Ireland considering the costs.
But, I guess it is the cost of servicing that keeps them away from the dealers.
And in any case, this guy is an actual farmer working all day every day, so it's tough to judge him there. His hands were twice the size of mine and covered in callouses. You should hear his accent.
Tools are tools they should be able to put up with abuse to some extent.
Some day I'll have to tell you the story about an off License on a Sunday and directions involving an Haitche at either 1 mi, or 3 depending on how long yer legs are...

Tools are tools they should be able to put up with abuse to some extent.
Some day I'll have to tell you the story about an off License on a Sunday and directions involving an Haitche at either 1 mi, or 3 depending on how long yer legs are...

Hell, you may be able to tell me in person sometime. I may head back stateside. I can not find work here other than some repairs, and I got all sorts of drama goin on at home now. Just, wow. Anyone in the PNW hiring slow old men?

Hell, you may be able to tell me in person sometime. I may head back stateside. I can not find work here other than some repairs, and I got all sorts of drama goin on at home now. Just, wow. Anyone in the PNW hiring slow old men?
everybody is hiring, problem is no one is paying.
What sorts of work would you be interested in?

I'll definitely let you know if things do go even more sideways here. But last time I was in Willamina I was bucking on a landing. Old mans work ;)
Still good with a saw, and still like to be outside.
It's really frustrating because I just had an offer from a STIHL shop here for work in Dublin. I am gonna at least do some part time when we work out a schedule. But my living condition right now is about to go dynamic, and rentals in Dublin are either brutal or nonexistant.
Geziz my life. It's all about timing. I was actually hoping to spring it on you guys I was working in a Stihl shop as a surprise.
But now, I hope I can just work there until I get booted and am homeless.

I'll definitely let you know if things do go even more sideways here. But last time I was in Willamina I was bucking on a landing. Old mans work ;)
Still good with a saw, and still like to be outside.
It's really frustrating because I just had an offer from a STIHL shop here for work in Dublin. I am gonna at least do some part time when we work out a schedule. But my living condition right now is about to go dynamic, and rentals in Dublin are either brutal or nonexistant.
Geziz my life. It's all about timing. I was actually hoping to spring it on you guys I was working in a Stihl shop as a surprise.
But now, I hope I can just work there until I get booted and am homeless.
Gurl trouble or land lawd trouble?

I wish it was land lord trouble. We'll see how things shake down after xmas here...
But the problem is there's also no work down in Waterford at this point, and not even a place for me to stay any more.
I might have to go stateside no matter what.
I kinda miss it, anyways. So I'm OK with however this goes down.

I see they are hiring firefighters... I'm a bit old for that nonsense, tho. But I might pass the pack test after all the tennis I been doing.
Thanks for the heads up!

What else is news in the Washingtons?
price gouging, rent is out of control, house prices are absurd, bout like the rest of the world, only with rain and big timber.
EVERY mill here is hiring for EVERY position, some of the mills are having a hard time running a full shift on mondays or fridays... even though demand is through the roof still.
CDL drivers are still in demand, and if you sign on with Brown/SWIFT/New Egland etc you have a home and a paying job for at least a year.

Oh yeah. I won#t be trying that again unless the guy asks for loud. I mean, it is way way loud somehow. Much louder than big duals.
Maybe it is because of the great compression this 390 has, or the timing advance, but that is brutal.

Also, hey @sawfun Jerry down in Yamhill just sent me this:

173216174.fce56f08.JPEG

Neighbor was having work done. It's Jerry's brothers home, and he was INSIDE it at the time this happened! He is OK, tho. His bro, that is.
Must smell great, tho.

173216175.20edb917.JPEG

So now his bro has two homes.
Also, If anyone in the yamhill oregon area has like a strong used 60 or a standard 70cc saw for sale, Jerry could use one. I think he's looking to spend about 5 bills or so.
PM me and I'll send ya his number.

Back