Which aftermarket electronic ignition module?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a couple of folk selling them over here so ill get it local (Thanks good idea if I do get one from there)
I just found this...

I Usually Drill a Small Hole in the Blower Housing and Mount the Nova ll (Rotary Number 8786) to the Outside of the Housing. Be Sure to Route the Wires so the are Not Going to get Caught in the Flywheel During Engine Operation. The Nova has No Sensor, it Uses the Coil to Determine when to Fire the Plug. The Plug Firing is Timed by the Flywheel Key and is a "Fixed" Timing. The Valve Timing is Set by the Marks on the Crankshaft and Cam (this is inside the engine) when they are Lined Up Together. Just Follow the Directions for Hook Up and the Engine Should Run. No Timing to Worry About. The Coil is Set at .020 from the Flywheel. This is the Only Clearance you Need Worry about.

Well hope it's the easy....

Just had a look at my xenoha and there is no sensor just the EIM bolted on the crankcase, wire from the coil going there! I'm assuming that's the one that used to go to the points, if its that simple ill do it to all my machines think I got about six machines with points (not all chainsaws btw) the zenoha and kawasaki use a fujitsu EMI so I guess you can just order that bit and not one of these expensive kits???

I have an older 041AV which is tempermental to start when hot - I suspect the onset of ignition problems. I'm thinking coil problems. These solid state ignition modules (Atom and Nova) are replacemetns for the points/condenser assemblies only right?

OK, assuming it won't solve my coil problems, just some info;

Do these modules FIT under the flywheel where the points/condenser went? Is there much if any modifications one has to do to make them fit and work?

Thanks.

Many engines won't start well when they're hot if they're tuned a tad rich...

Latest posts

Back