Which Limbing saw with good anti-vibe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burroak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to pick a new limbing saw, but the market has changed so much since I last had to buy one.
On todays market, which smaller saw would you pick that has good anti-vibe? My last one was a husqvarna, and loved it. But have the smaller stihl saws made any improvements over the past 15 years with their anti-vibe? Last I knew, huskies had the best anti-vibe with their small saws. I have a store credit at my stihl dealer, but I'm willing to go elsewhere if its a better/smoother saw.
Not looking for a cheap homeowner saw. Willing to spend the money on a Proffesional-grade.

I already have a 60cc and 80cc saws, just need a new little guy for limbing.
Thanks in advance!

I need to pick a new limbing saw, but the market has changed so much since I last had to buy one.
On todays market, which smaller saw would you pick that has good anti-vibe? My last one was a husqvarna, and loved it. But have the smaller stihl saws made any improvements over the past 15 years with their anti-vibe? Last I knew, huskies had the best anti-vibe with their small saws. I have a store credit at my stihl dealer, but I'm willing to go elsewhere if its a better/smoother saw.
Not looking for a cheap homeowner saw. Willing to spend the money on a Proffesional-grade.

Thanks in advance!
Get a used MS 241 C

Thanks in advance!
What sized limbs? What sized (cc wise) saw?

Thanks in advance!
Echo....

If you can't find an MS241 and don't want to spring for the MS201, for around half the price consider the the Echo 361P. Thought about the Makita 4300 but it weighs about as much as an MS261. Like esshup asks above, what are you cutting? Since you already have a 60cc I might lean more toward the 36-40cc range instead of 50cc.

If you can't find an MS241 and don't want to spring for the MS201, for around half the price consider the the Echo 361P. Thought about the Makita 4300 but it weighs about as much as an MS261. Like esshup asks above, what are you cutting? Since you already have a 60cc I might lean more toward the 36-40cc range instead of 50cc.
Thanks. Has Echo improved their game since 15 years ago? Seems like they were pretty questionable back then.

Me too! When it ran good it was a torquey little bugger! It doesn't run happily anymore and I am not sure why. I am aquiring them faster than I should and am trying to get rid of a few to keep things under control.

Sorry for hijack

Latest posts

Back