Which Limbing saw with good anti-vibe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! When it ran good it was a torquey little bugger! It doesn't run happily anymore and I am not sure why. I am aquiring them faster than I should and am trying to get rid of a few to keep things under control.

Sorry for hijack
Forget the hijack, pics keep it fun and interesting.
Keep that pretty girl on ice until you have time to tinker with it.

Echo CS-3510 isn’t a pro saw by any stretch but with a stihl full chisel chain on it and a muffler mod, it’s pretty impressive considering I got it for $222 new on eBay. It’s super lightweight and great for smaller stuff. I tend to use it on bigger stuff too especially when I’m not in a rush. It’s definitely not a pro stihl or husky though.

Thanks guys. Ideal range is 35-40 cc area. Mostly to be used on the farm cleaning up brush and tops from felled trees.
it's not a pro saw ,but I really like my echo 3510. bout 35 cc, very light. I often see new ones at a discount on Facebook marketplace

I purchased my Ms261C-M a couple weeks ago,, and ran it seriously on Monday for the first time.
I can see why it is so highly recommended,, momentary kill switch, easy restarts,,
It has SO many improvements compared to my previous Stihls,, it is hard to believe that so much power could be in such a small package.

it's not a pro saw ,but I really like my echo 3510. bout 35 cc, very light. I often see new ones at a discount on Facebook marketplace
Ive seen those for sale and wondered about them. What do you like about them? Ive thought about having a saw like that to loan to friends when they ask to borrow a saw lol.

Ive thought about having a saw like that to loan to friends when they ask to borrow a saw lol.
If I were to have a saw to loan to anyone,, (the term friends gets watered down,, when discussing chainsaw type items)
I would consider the saw like a toothbrush,, something I would want to work perfectly,, but,,
also, it would be something I would not want to come back,,
(If it were a gas powered saw,, you gotta send along a fuel can with FRESH gas and oil in it,,)
If it is a gas saw, as soon as they get home, the phone starts ringing!!
"I have been cranking for 15 minutes,, How do I start this thing!!??"

Because of that,, I would get this complete $84 delivered ELECTRIC chainsaw kit,,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165334955400?hash=item267ebb3588:g:tkAAAOSwzh5iCct4
s-l1600.jpg

If I were to have a saw to loan to anyone,, (the term friends gets watered down,, when discussing chainsaw type items)
I would consider the saw like a toothbrush,, something I would want to work perfectly,, but,,
also, it would be something I would not want to come back,,
(If it were a gas powered saw,, you gotta send along a fuel can with FRESH gas and oil in it,,)
If it is a gas saw, as soon as they get home, the phone starts ringing!!
"I have been cranking for 15 minutes,, How do I start this thing!!??"

Because of that,, I would get this complete $84 delivered ELECTRIC chainsaw kit,,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165334955400?hash=item267ebb3588:g:tkAAAOSwzh5iCct4
s-l1600.jpg
Haha.

I have one Dolmar/Makita 4300 and I'll grab another when a good opportunity presents itself.
Pro grade construction and lighter than my 261 and 346XP saws.
It's a shame that Dolmar/Makita are leaving the market, but I'm not too worried about keeping them running for year and years.

Ive seen those for sale and wondered about them. What do you like about them? Ive thought about having a saw like that to loan to friends when they ask to borrow a saw lol.
Very light. Just over eight pounds and seems surprisingly powerful. I love ❤️ it for limping. And also a nice saw if I have to carry it any distance. (I’m about to get on Medicare )

Echo might not consider it a Pro saw since it’s not an X model... but parts and material tells me they don’t make a saw that isn’t a Pro version. Compare a CS620 to a MS391...☠️

Echo might not consider it a Pro saw since it’s not an X model... but parts and material tells me they don’t make a saw that isn’t a Pro version. Compare a CS620 to a MS391...☠️
I agree with this. Regardless of the “x” all echo saws are made well and can stand up to heavy use within the limits of what the model was designed for. I especially like smaller cc echo saws.

Back