Which Redmax equate to which Husqvarna models ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
After searching this forum, youtube, etc., About all I can come up with is that Husqvarna acquired Zenoah/Redmax.
Additionally, some discussion's said that the GZ7100 is a Husky 372XP, and a GZ9000 is a Husky 390XP. Am I correct so far with what I've stated?

What Redmax are the same as the Husky 395, 3120, 365, 562, 572, 543, 550, etc. ?

Is the crankcase and cylinder (long block) the same, but all the furniture is different on the Redmax saw?
In other words, can I take a Redmax GZ9000 long block and put 390XP furniture right on it without having to drill holes or modify anything?

Is there much interest from builders or collectors in these Redmax saws?

Anyone know the answer to this?
Pretty sure the 9000 is as big as they go- basically a rebadged 2188 and as such, you will find problems when it comes to wrap handle mounts and chainbrake flags if you want to put Husqvarna stuff on an Ex Jonsered body. However, if you use the Husqvarna 390 tank, the Husqvarna wrap handle will fit, but the chainbrake flag most likely wont. There is a slight difference between the Jonsered and Husqvarnas in that region and although they look close- they do not interchange.
So to answer the above, stop at the 390XP, no bigger CC Redmaxes (to the best of my knowledge) and stop at the 3 series family of Husqvarnas- there is no 5 series Jonsered equivalent, so therefore no Redmax equivalent.

After comparing specs and photo's of the current Redmax line up with the current Husqvarna line up, here's what I came up with as far as saws that are magnesium crankcase pro saws.

GZ9000= 390XP
GZ7100= 372XP
GZ4350= 543XP
GZ5000= 545 or 550

This list does not take into account saws previously made by Redmax that may have been dropped from the line up over the years.

I just picked up a pair of Redmax GZ5000 leftovers, new in the box for pretty cheap. I really like the saw and the red looks much better than the orange/gray combo. The only thing that would have been better is if the stickers said "Jonsered" & "CS2252"

I had a Stihl weedwhacker that was a rebadged Redmax.
My dad has a Stihl HT73 pole saw that is a rebadged Redmax too. I figured that out after waiting ~6 months for the “back ordered” parts to arrive at the Stihl dealer. My local husky dealer told me that it was a rebadged unit and even hooked me up with a new air filter for it that he had sitting on the shelf!

Ive had 2 redmaxes that were exact and identical to the 575xp Husqvarna. I cant remember what the number was and I no longer have the saws. Actually they were identical to the 570xp but when I rebuilt them I changed the topends to 575xps

Ive had 2 redmaxes that were exact and identical to the 575xp Husqvarna. I cant remember what the number was and I no longer have the saws. Actually they were identical to the 570xp but when I rebuilt them I changed the topends to 575xps

Interesting. I need to research this stuff further.
Never have paid much attention to Redmax saws until recently.

They are still making the GZ5000, 7100 and 9000. I was at my dealer this week asking if she could get me a 7100... it'll still cost me 900 ish to get one and I'll have to wait of course. I'm thinking of trading in my 455 rancher so my GZ5000 can have a big brother of the same color rather than a odd orange cousin... :) but then again there are those chinese clones (the pro ones with walbro's and italian pistons) floating around for more than half the cost.

What are the Redmax saws going for used? A pawn shop has a g9000 for $560. Pretty sure I'll snap it up but I'm such a tight a$$ I need to talk myself into another saw...

What are the Redmax saws going for used? A pawn shop has a g9000 for $560. Pretty sure I'll snap it up but I'm such a tight a$$ I need to talk myself into another saw...

My guess- they go for less than the Orange equivalent?

Is a G9000 not a rebadged 2188 Jonsered- which is in turn a red & black Husqvarna 390- what prices are being asked for 390XP's in your neck of the woods in the same condition as the G9000 you are looking at?

Significantly more. 372's are 650, 562's 575,394's are 775(less bar and chain).
I just bought 545 mark 2 for 400 like new which was a steal from the same shop. I figure they favor Stihl there, I saw a ms180 well used for 200!

Significantly more. 372's are 650, 562's 575,394's are 775(less bar and chain).
I just bought 545 mark 2 for 400 like new which was a steal from the same shop. I figure they favor Stihl there, I saw a ms180 well used for 200!

That there reads like you just talked yourself into a new 90cc saw. :laugh:

She cleaned up pretty good. Initial signs are good. Cylinder looks great, plug was rich as could be thanks to dirty air filter. I don't think there are many hours on her. Now- how do I break the good news to the wife?! :innocent:

Attachments

• 20220802_172334.jpg
    20220802_172334.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220802_172343.jpg
    20220802_172343.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220802_172359.jpg
    20220802_172359.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
She cleaned up pretty good. Initial signs are good. Cylinder looks great, plug was rich as could be thanks to dirty air filter. I don't think there are many hours on her. Now- how do I break the good news to the wife?! :innocent:

Do what I do- concentrate on similar colours and if you are lucky enough they never remember model numbers- so if a new one arrives, they just think it is the same red and black saw you already had.

Latest posts

Back