Which Redmax equate to which Husqvarna models ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had 2 redmaxes that were exact and identical to the 575xp Husqvarna. I cant remember what the number was and I no longer have the saws. Actually they were identical to the 570xp but when I rebuilt them I changed the topends to 575xps
Document from another forum listed Husqvarna 570 / Redmax GZ7000

She cleaned up pretty good. Initial signs are good. Cylinder looks great, plug was rich as could be thanks to dirty air filter. I don't think there are many hours on her. Now- how do I break the good news to the wife?! :innocent:
Yes breaking it to the wife can be a bad thing

Pretty sure the 9000 is as big as they go- basically a rebadged 2188 and as such, you will find problems when it comes to wrap handle mounts and chainbrake flags if you want to put Husqvarna stuff on an Ex Jonsered body. However, if you use the Husqvarna 390 tank, the Husqvarna wrap handle will fit, but the chainbrake flag most likely wont. There is a slight difference between the Jonsered and Husqvarnas in that region and although they look close- they do not interchange.
So to answer the above, stop at the 390XP, no bigger CC Redmaxes (to the best of my knowledge) and stop at the 3 series family of Husqvarnas- there is no 5 series Jonsered equivalent, so therefore no Redmax equivalent.
3 series family of Husqvarnas- there is no 5 series Jonsered equivalent, so therefore no Redmax equivalent.? Ploease clarify this. What about the 4 series? A 455 Rancher is a J'Red 2255.? This is a head scratcher for certain.

Beyond that, I have used RedMax saws with Husqvarna engines, after a simple swap......every screw the same part # for both saws....used as in, after I performed the transplanted engine....

Back