Which saw should i port?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 365xt that has been turned into a ported 372xt and it is a very strong runner. I have run several ported 346 models and they make a strong 50cc saw. I believe you would enjoy having both of these models ported.

Thanks rburg I'm probably just gonna start with one of them since I just used most of my silly $ on the RK splitter. I got the ne 346 this summer off Craig's list guy I bought it from didn't know much on the history he supposedly buys up abandoned storage lockers then sells the stuff. He did jave a building full of goodies. Im not sure how to tell for sure but the 346 seems already juiced up. its hard to bog down and just screams.

Id put my money into the 372.
Port the 346 if all you want to do is limb real fast

This is my First post after visiting the site for the last year. I have cut wood most of my life for the occasional fire in the fire place and have been well served by my 029 super and 025. This is where the story gets interesting. I got an owb last fall and my 20 year old stihls were a little worn out for that amount of cutting(15 plus cords). I started researching online for saws and stumbled on AS. I sold my saws on Craig's list and still not fully having cad bought a great little rebuilt ( new p and c) 036 pro running a 20" bar. Being a 2 saw kinda guy and running into the opportunity to cut up a massive ash tree(4' at the base) I bought a new 7900 running a 28" bar from Curtis. At that point I started to visit the site on a daily basis and start getting cad bad. I have since bought a used 346xp ne which I have a 16 and 18" bar for and recently just bought a new 372xp xt since I couldn't find a decent used one on Craig's list all summer. My question for you all is out of the above mentioned saws which one would you have woods ported? Keep in mind for the 15-20 cords I'm cutting a year I don't need the saw line up I already have and definately don't need a ported one, but I've got CAD.

Thanks jonsered raket

I have ported more 346s and 372s then anyone on here.

Later
Dan
Hey I just bought a modified muffler for my 372 XP on Amazon. My shop is putting it on, and I don't have any experience ever porting a husky, is it that easy just to put a new muffler on there? Do I have to adjust the mixture Afterwards? Can you also modify the original mufflers they came stock with? As opposed to buying a modified one

Back