Which would you buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Masters

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score

Attachments

• 15689.jpg
    15689.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 27
  • 515csy3+89L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    515csy3+89L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 26
It depends on the intended use. The main negative of the cheaper ones that I see is that they are only a dual action carabiner. So it seems that they are no safer than screw-lock carabiners, which I have read are not recommended in the tree industry. I typically see triple action (or greater, like the quadruple action you linked) being the recommended choice.

That said, for something other than my main life support, I'd likely opt for the inexpensive ones. I have some wiregate carabiners by the same company for a camping hammock, and those seem to be of decent quality.

Thanks for the link! I have them saved in my wishlist, in case I find a use.

I watched a video where someone tested the cheap amazon biners and they did meet the ratings, ,but i agree with the person doing the video that for my life i'll spend the extra $20.00 on a known good brand..
sorry, but if I'm gonna save money on amazon, its not going to be something that my life depends on.

Iron Wizard FTW! :numberone:

https://sherrilltree.com/isc-steel-iron-wizard-carabiner-single-locking/
mMfmytgITlaJ6oEkDr4S_ISC_ironwizard_triplelock_2000x.gif

Its depends on the quality of chain saw. Because previously i have chain saw but it is not working properly . So i was trying to find good chain saw in low cost.

Latest posts

Back