Who’s right with this eBay Return Request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay needs a system to eliminate disputes on purchases rather than taking the buyer's word for it and ignoring anything the seller says. I suppose the surest way is when you sell an item you mail it to ebay rather than the buyer, they inspect the item, and they pass it on to the buyer. That idea has flaws too because ebay people may not know much about some items and of course there would be longer shipping times..

Newest response from the seller.

I am in udder shock...there is a shortage of the new ms-661 and ms-88 chainsaws.i can't get it from any new from the dealer, I purchased your chainsaw based off your discription thinking it was a good sound saw that was used well ,You sold a defective chainsaw with incorrect information ,this should of been a parts chainsaw , I had to service the, spark plug, new intake filter, gas filter, the original dogs where missing bolts unusable when felling, the muffler cover was dented and replaced with a nice muffler cover hence your "modified" parts, I left you with the original parts in the box or better I'm sorry I lost the bar bolt but it fell out on its own due to it being defective .the discription you stated was incorrect you definitely never ran the saw, cause it leaked oil and and the bar bolt case was split in there places ,so the bar did not oil it self 80% I assumed the Carlton chain was the issue but it wasn't. It was the sawn being defective it has a serious problem with it​

Now we’ve got him just talking out his butt making wild accusations so, looks like this will be moving on to the hands of eBay, may they treat me fairer than they have some of you in the past.
I guess he meant utter shock...

Back