Who makes the band saw that bolts to a Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last blades (2) I bought were from Hakansson Industries , South Elgin , IL. When I bought my mill it was supplied with 2 blades and I bought 3 extra . I have not ran the Hakansson blades . They are suppose to be the same silicone steel 3 tpi ,3/4" wide , .025" thick blade .
Do you know the length of the blade? I bought a bunch of blades when I first bought the Ripsaw but I've forgotten the length.

Hi Folks,

I have a Ripsaw, powered by an 044.
Cuts a good bit of wood for not too much fuel, and fairly fast.

Saw and powerhead weigh about 45#, can be carried in prety much anywhere.
I think this is it's forte, being able to cut a log or two where you can't get a WoodMizer to the log, or easily extract and transport a log to a mill.

I have very good results cutting Pine, Poplar and other softer woods.
It will cut wood like White Oak, but, as noted by J123, it doesn't take much to knock it off course - a nail or knot can bump the cut up or down and you are no longer getting a flat cut.
I too built an easy on/off weight for the side opposite the motor.

Blade tension can be an issue, as the lightweight frame can't pull the blade hard enough for optimal blade beam strength in hard woods. Gotta use a sharp blade and slower feed rate.

I'm pretty sure there was a larger version with bigger capacities that could run on rails at the sides of the log. Still pretty portable.

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Back