Why is a Stihl guy buying a Husqvarna 562XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The Stihl MS 361 was my first saw and I loved it. My dad ended up with that saw and I upraded to the MS 441 and I totally loved this saw. I just sold this saw for $550 to a really nice guy from Alaska. He was actually 7 feet tall. Tallest guy I have ever met in person.

I have to say the 441 was a totally awesome saw for me. Started on the first pull every time when it was warm. Was not M-Tronic, so it idled like a Harley until it was warm. I didn't mind at all.

Now I have my trusty Echo CS-352 - and waiting for the arrival of my 562XP from the recommendation of this site.

The saw will be woods ported and shipped from Iowa and will arrive mid- December. $850 is a great price for a new saw that is ported by a pro.
I will be running: 20" techlite bar & a 24 " Power Match Bar (My 24 inch bar needs to have 84 drivers so I can use my chains from the 441)

I have a feeling that my new relationship with Husqvarna will be a pleasant one. Especially if I run several tanks through my Echo CS -352 while I wait my 2 weeks.

Stihl need to get going on the Mtronics because Husky will take over the market with their autotune as they have done a very good job implementing it into multiple saws.

I hope you'll love it. New saw rep sent! Mod that muff and you'll think you're runnin' a 372!

edit: just realized you've got a ported saw coming, I read too fast.

Last edited:

Stihl need to get going on the Mtronics because Husky will take over the market with their autotune as they have done a very good job implementing it into multiple saws.

I'm not sure if you know that the Mtronic is Huskys early Autotune version, made by permission from Husky?

I am a Husky fan, but if I had the chance to get a good Stihl at a good price, i'd but it in a heartbeat. Both very nice saws. I am actually also very Happy that Husky bought McCulloch. I was in Sears the other day and they were selling McCullochs made by Husky. I hope Husky goes back to selling only in dealers and keeps the McCullochs in the big box stores. I also hope that Husqvarna does not ruin the McCulloch name....but I doubt they will.

I am a Husky fan, but if I had the chance to get a good Stihl at a good price, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Both very nice saws. I am actually also very Happy that Husky bought McCulloch. I was in Sears the other day and they were selling McCullochs made by Husky. I hope Husky goes back to selling only in dealers and keeps the McCullochs in the big box stores. I also hope that Husqvarna does not ruin the McCulloch name....but I doubt they will.

7' tall?! Was his name Paul? ;)

I think he's gonna need a bigger bar.

I am a Husky fan, but if I had the chance to get a good Stihl at a good price, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Both very nice saws. I am actually also very Happy that Husky bought McCulloch. I was in Sears the other day and they were selling McCullochs made by Husky. I hope Husky goes back to selling only in dealers and keeps the McCullochs in the big box stores. I also hope that Husqvarna does not ruin the McCulloch name....but I doubt they will.

I believe they could only improve the name by now. Only the older generations know of the american made muscle.

I am a Husky fan, but if I had the chance to get a good Stihl at a good price, i'd but it in a heartbeat. Both very nice saws. I am actually also very Happy that Husky bought McCulloch. I was in Sears the other day and they were selling McCullochs made by Husky. I hope Husky goes back to selling only in dealers and keeps the McCullochs in the big box stores. I also hope that Husqvarna does not ruin the McCulloch name....but I doubt they will.

McC. ruined their own name several decades ago, so that is not worth worrying about - it is too late anyway!

I understand that Husky is planning to make McC. their prime consumer saw brand. Time will tell what that means for the Poulan brand, and a few other brands (that are not so well known in the US).....

I am a Stihl guy myself and the 562xp is awesome. I am going to hold off on doing mods for now but post up a vid of the saw running! Congrats!!

Post of saw running

I will see if I can't post a video of the saw running after I get it. I will aim to make it an impressive video:

Echo CS 352 VS 562XP

Just might give Echo a run for it's money :msp_tongue:

I'm not sure if you know that the Mtronic is Huskys early Autotune version, made by permission from Husky?

Why is the m-tronic so sound, while the Auto-tune has issues from time to time?

I was just wondering, since the early version seems to be more reliable than the newer AT version from what I've seen on here.

Ported 562xp is a beast of a saw, hard to believe it's a 60cc saw.

Last edited:

I was just wondering, since the early version seems to be more reliable than the newer AT version from what I've seen on here.

I've wondered the same about the MT and AT?

My 562xp has been flawless. I have no plans to mod it, but may open up the muffler, or not...:msp_smile:

I haven't notised a single case where the Auto-tune itself was proven to have caused an issue, but faulty carbs have happened.

Latest posts

Back