Will this Kieffer pear produce fruit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood shed

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have two Kieffer pears, one very old and one very young, I also have a mature Bartlett pear near by. Last night we got nearly six inches of snow with a low temp of 30 degrees. Tonight we are expecting a low temp of 28 degrees. Do You think my Kieffer pear will produce fruit judging by the stage of the blossom. The Bartlett I have is about a week behind but in blossom and for some reason rarely produces an fruit and I am not sure it is much value for pollination either. Let me know what you think. I have had this Kieffer pear for many years and can't remember a year it did not have any fruit.

IMG_0684.JPGIMG_0685.JPGIMG_0689.JPGIMG_0710.JPGIMG_0716.JPG

kieffer pears apparently do not taste good and are HARD! i have other pears that are good but last bunch of years freaking squirrels get al of them. way too early too. i even used nets years ago and kept them pruned and espalleired too but the shotts grew into the nets and tore them all up. expensive pro vineyard nets too i use in my vineyards.

Latest posts

Back