Wood Ministry wood cutting day....I know it is last minute....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lawler

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Long time no chat! My full replacement shoulder surgery was completed on March 11th. Everything went really well. The doc said he couldn't believe I could even use my arm. My shoulder was a complete mess. Still doing physical therapy and cant really run a saw yet. Which brings me to this new thread. The week of July 12th through the 17th we have a group of junior high and high school kids coming in from Ohio to help the wood ministry. It is a group of about 40 kids. What I would like to know is anyone here interested in coming either the Friday or Saturday before, which would be the 10th and 11th to cut some logs up for us? I will have about 3 to 4 triaxles here to cut. As usual we will provide eats and drinks for anyone who wants to and does come to help.
I know this is short notice, but I was just informed about a week ago they wanted to come and we had to find them lodging for the week which we just confirmed today. ANY and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

As of right now, I should be able to do Sat, Jul 11. We have some July plans where the date is still TBD (thanks Kung-Flu), so I will try to avoid that weekend if at all possible. However, if SWMBO wants Jul 11, then, well, domestic tranquility must be maintained. :yes:

@James Miller

Yup, just had 2 triaxles delivered yesterday. Stop by anytime you wish.
@John Lawler : John, I'm still trying to sort out a day to be able to help out. Couple questions:
1. size of wood from the triaxle loads so I know what saws to bring.
2. with an address from you can I just show up and start cutting?
3. what length are you looking for?
4. once bucked where does the wood need to go?
sundance

@John Lawler : John, I'm still trying to sort out a day to be able to help out. Couple questions:
sundance
1. The logs aren't real big diameter wise. The biggest maybe 20". Most are much smaller.
2. Our address is 676 Johnstown road East Freedom, PA. 16637. And yes, you can start and stop anytime.you wish.
3. Most of our families like 18" or close too that.
4. Once bucked as long as it is put of your way cutting thats fine. It doesn't need stacked or moved except out of your way to cut.
Thank you!

sundance
@John Lawler : Life has gotten in the way. Obviously I haven't made it out and doesn't look like I will. Things keep breaking on me here.
Good luck to you and the guys Saturday.
sundance

@John Lawler : Life has gotten in the way. Obviously I haven't made it out and doesn't look like I will. Things keep breaking on me here.
Good luck to you and the guys Saturday.
sundance
Life happens my friend! I will be praying for you and for things to improve for you. Thanks for your willingness to come though. I am sure I'll be doing this again next spring too! Lol

Hey everyone we are still on. Anyone who wants to show up Friday, Saturday or heck even Sunday are more than welcomed to come cut. Right now I have 3 triaxles of wood that NEEDS cut by Monday when I have a LARGE group of teenagers on a missions trip coming here from Ohio to help the wood ministry for the whole week. Hope to see you guys this weekend. And thanks in advance!!

I do have one last minute notice. On sat through no choices of my own, but an airlines screw-up I have to run my daughter to the Pittsburgh Airport to catch a flight back to Kentucky. I will be leaving my garage open should anyone need anything. I will have water in a cooler and when I get back I will be grabbing food for anyone here. You guys will see the loads of logs. Just cut and throw out of your way. Cut to about 18" lengths. I'm dropping off my daughter and immediately returning. My place is your place. I apologize I won't be here for part of the day, but this was last minute and I don't have a choice. PLEASE don't let this stop you from coming to cut. We need the help espexially with all those kids coming next week to work for the wood ministry by splitting and stacking what you get cut. Thanks everyone. If anyone needs to call me on Saturday my number is 814-431-5007. I will still be here all day Friday and Sunday if those days work better for you. Just Saturday I have to run to Pittsburgh.

Latest posts

Back