ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Woodland Pro full brim aluminum hard hat #758 ALU

Mountainman

Mountainman

ArboristSite Operative
I've had pretty good luck with Woodland Pro in the past, but not this time. This hard hat is an insult. Came with a small dent in it for starters. Hat sits up way too high on the head. But the deal breaker: The HORRIBLE cheap, Chinese plastic suspension system. It's so shoddily made, it bites into my head to the point that I can't stand to wear it. Bottom line, this hard hat is cheap, Chinese junk. I dug up the smallest box the item would fit in, 13.5 X 10 X 8.75, from Bailey's, and weighed and measured the package to calculate shipping via USPS Retail Ground: $17.60. Weight is 2 pounds, 5 ounces. That adds insult to injury. I already paid for the shipping one way, and I feel that Bailey's should pick up the tab for return shipping under the circumstances. Could you please send me a pre-paid return shipping label? Order number is 400315051.

Thanks.

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Professional outdoor work gear & equipment
Hello! We are so sorry this happened. And the WoodlandPRO hat did not meet the high-quality standards our customers deserve. We appreciate you letting us know. Please let us do what we can to make it right by providing the best way one of our customer service agents can contact you.

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
Skull Bucket is the best aluminum hard hat, much stronger than the Mac-T hats but they are made in Communist China. I like the old Mac-Ts and have several but I know they are obsolete compared to SB. Plastic hats like the Bullard are the strongest but do age in the sun. Just figure on replacing it every five years. Plastic hats should remain flexible and should be tested every six months.

puzlrock

puzlrock

ArboristSite Lurker
My old BF McDonald tin hat was given to me in 1961 by my great uncle, I wore it until the last suspension I had broke. I finally found a place that makes new 6 point suspensions for this old tin hat. I don't think there is another one on the market that can beat it.

Tarki0

Tarki0

Running saws are money in the bank
Search the web for "bump helmet" Its a lightweight military style helmet. Most providers have a lot of options up to and including Advanced Combat Helmet (your neck will break before the helmet cracks).