Woods HLS 27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alleycat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Woods HLS 27 splitter with a bad pump, and can't find a user, or parts manual for it. Looks like Woods quit making these units. Anyone know where I can get a manual?

I just looked at my profile and my last post was in 2017. I got older and slowed down quite a lot. It was entertaining to look back at my old posts, and had to laugh at some of them. As for my post today asking for info on a woods service manual, my hat's off to Woods. I had gone to their site before posting here and the HLS 27 wasn't listed on their manuals list. After posting here, I went to the Woods contact page and asked if the manual was available . I figured it would be a couple of days before hearing back, but was pleasantly surprised to get an almost immediate reply with a downloadable file. Woohoo :D

Looks like I will be replacing the pump, as this ones obviously toast. IMG_1866.JPG
Now comes the fun of flushing metal debris and dirt that might be everywhere in the system. The machine was stored for a number of years in an open pole barn with a dirt floor. The pump had been broken down and all the fluid lines were open to the dusty atmosphere. I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one.

Latest posts

Back